Equitable investment accounts broken

simplira
simplira Member ✭✭

Hi,

I have an investment account with LPL financial through Equitable. There are couple of issues with that:

1. The transactions buy/sell and dividends etc. are showing as payment with uncategorized category
  2. The amount is showing in whole dollars and the cents amount is missing. For example dividend of $17.87 will show up as $17.00
  3. And the worst of all, I took the time to categorize those transactions appropriately and next update, now I have duplicate transactions. The one that I fixed and Simplifi downloaded the uncategorized again.

Can you please fix that please

Thanks

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@simplira, thanks for posting to the Community!

Based on your description, it sounds like numbers one and three (especially number one) are common Investment Transaction woes as Investment Transactions are still being worked on. We have a thread here where you can see other users have experienced the same types of behavior:

For number two, though, I haven't seen this issue pop up yet. Does it just occur with certain Investment Transactions such as dividend earnings, or do you see it across the board where every Investment Transaction downloads with a whole dollar amount? Also, do you have other investment accounts in Quicken Simplifi that don't present the issues you outlined here for LPL Financial, or is this your only account with downloaded Investment Transactions?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• simplira
    simplira Member ✭✭

Thanks @Coach Natalie for the response. I understand the challenges around number and could live with that (though painfully), but combined with number 3 becomes really bad that now I have to go and delete each transaction manually again and which may show up again.

For number 2, it is only happening with the this account only. All other accounts the amount downloaded matches the transaction amount.

Thanks.

• Coach Natalie

@simplira, thanks for the reply!

Yes, that does sound like it would be a challenging workflow. To clarify, are you editing the transactions while they're still pending with the bank or anything along those lines? If so, maybe try waiting until they clear to see if doing so prevents duplicates from downloading. I'd also suggest sharing your feedback regarding this behavior on the feedback post I linked above, as our product team reviews the feedback left there.

As for number two, let's have you establish a completely fresh connection with the bank to see if doing so fixes that issue moving forward, meaning with newly downloaded Investment Transactions. You can establish a fresh connection with the bank by following these steps:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• simplira
    simplira Member ✭✭
    edited June 2

Hi @Coach Natalie

The transactions were not in pending state when I edited them. Would appreciate if we can treat this as defect and fix it sooner

Also, I tried to disconnect and reconnect. That did not help. The cents amount is still missing 😢

Thanks

• Coach Natalie

@simplira, thanks for the reply!

For the duplicate transactions, you'll want to go ahead and share your experience on our feedback post for our product team to review, as this is known behavior:

For the transactions downloading as whole dollar amounts issue, did you wait for new transactions to download after re-establishing the connection with the bank? Doing so won't fix existing transactions, so we'd have to wait for new transactions to download to know whether it worked.

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.