Transaction disappears after linking to recurring bill

EugenePHD
EugenePHD Member
edited August 15 in Report a Bug

This seems very similar to this discussion.

I had one recurring bill that had a new amount and it was not automatically linked. The bill was shown as past due. I linked it to the existing transaction and it looked good. A couple days later, I see the same bill past due again. I looked at all AmEx transactions and surely enough it wasn't there. It is there on AmEx web site. So, I had to manually add the transaction. But this is not the first time my transaction disappears (and I am pretty sure the last time it was also after linking it to a recurrent one).

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @EugenePHD,

Thanks for reaching out! If you navigate to the Transactions tab in Quicken Simplifi and utilize the 'search transactions' field, does the transaction show up at all there? It may have been edited in a way to where it was moved elsewhere.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• EugenePHD
    EugenePHD Member

I searched by name and amount and there are no matching transactions other than the one I added manually.

• Coach Jon

Hello @EugenePHD,

Thanks for reaching out! If you could attach a screenshot showing the recurring bill and the transaction you created, I think this would help in understanding your situation. Additionally, could you let us know if the transaction is for a different account you originally created a recurring transaction for?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• EugenePHD
    EugenePHD Member
    edited May 31

Since the bill was quite small (streaming subscription), I deleted it after it caused the issue. Transaction was for the same account it was created originally. However, the amount was different than previously. I wonder if it was because I linked it while it was still in "pending" state. I now have a paycheck that is not matched automatically for some reason (because of a different amount, probably). I will wait until it clears before matching it to recurring one.

• Coach Jon
    edited June 3

Hello @EugenePHD,

Thanks for the reply. If the transaction was linked during the pending state, it may have disappeared after it cleared the bank. I would suggest waiting for the transaction to clear as you said, and then let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• EugenePHD
    EugenePHD Member

If that is true (linking transaction while in pending state), that would still be a bug. It may be unlinked but should not be gone completely.

• Coach Jon

Hello @EugenePHD,

Thanks for the reply. For the transaction you were waiting to clear to link, were you able to link it properly? Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• EugenePHD
    EugenePHD Member

Yes, the other transaction is fine. I linked it before it cleared just to verify and it was still fine after clearing.

• Coach Jon

Hello @EugenePHD,

Thanks for the reply. I would try deleting and recreating the recurring bill to see if it properly links the next time. Please let us know if that ends up working for you. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-managing-recurring-transactions#h_ff0d4772b1

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Aranel
    Aranel Member

Something like this is happening to me, except that the transactions never appeared in the first place, so I never was able to link them to the recurring bill.

However I've also got a non-recurring transaction that is missing, so I don't know if it's the same problem.

• Coach Jon
    edited June 12

Hello @Aranel,

Sorry for missing your comment! It appears that you may be seeing a different issue then what this thread is for, however. I would suggest creating another thread for your issue if you would like to troubleshoot. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible when outlining the issue so we can get a clear picture of your situation.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Rick_B
    Rick_B Member

Here is an example of the behavior from the original post.

I have a recurring subscription from "Pp * Adobe Inc 402-935-7733 Ca"

Every month it was $54.99, taken by Discover on the 6th of the month. This month the price was raised to $59.99, so it wasn't picked up as the recurring charge. On the Transaction Activity page I clicked the three dots and linked the June ($59.99) transaction to the recurring Adobe transactions. That June transaction then disappeared. It doesn't show under the recurring transactions for that payee (the top of the image below), and it also disappeared in my Discover Card transactions (the bottom of the image).

• Coach Jon

Hello @Rick_B,

Thanks for reaching out! Let's see if establishing a fresh connection with the bank will help with this issue.

1. Make the affected account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists with a new example, please let us know!

-Coach Jon

• Rick_B
    Rick_B Member

@Coach Jon

That didn't seem to work for me. I did make the Discover account manual. Added it back as a new account, linking it to the manual account, but that transaction hasn't re-appeared. I hit "refresh" in the web interface, still no transaction. The transaction still exists on the Discover Card account website, so I know it should be there.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Rick_B,

Thanks for the reply. Going forward, I would try deleting and recreating the recurring subscription to see if it properly links the next time. If it does not please let us know so we may continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• JTE
    JTE Member
    edited July 12

I am having the same problem. It was in my transaction list from my bank credit card when I looked at the application earlier this week. I linked it to a recurring because the application didn't recognize the name; even though it was the exact name, spelling, and capitalization. I came back into the application today and the transaction is no longer in the list; however, the balance from the credit is showing correctly in the summary information. I have checked all the filters to make sure they are not filtering it out. I have searched and it finds other transactions for the merchant, but not the one for July. I shouldn't have to add this manually, and if it magically reappears, then I will be double-counting it.

I also followed the instructions above about moving the account to manual and then reconnecting and that didn't work for me, either.

• I'm having the same issue i think. Reminder didn't link automatically, so I manually linked the transaction to the bill once it hit. The next day, the reminder showed up again and looked "past" and the transaction from the bank had deleted in simplifi (still shows up on the bank website).

• Coach Jon

Hello @JTE and @lennondogg,

Thanks for reaching out! To better help us understand your situation, can you let us know the below information?

• Has this only occurred once, or is this continually occurring?
    • Is this happening within a specific account, or multiple?
    • Is this happening with a specific recurring transaction or multiple?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• JTE
    JTE Member
    edited July 12

This happens intermittently and with two of my accounts; the recurring transactions vary.

• Coach Jon

Hello @JTE,

Thanks for the information. Is this also happening with a specific recurring transaction or multiple?

-Coach Jon

• JTE
    JTE Member

Currently it is one transaction

• Coach Jon

Hello @JTE,

Thanks for the reply! I would advise deleting and recreating the recurring transaction to see if it properly links the next time.  https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-managing-recurring-transactions#h_ff0d4772b1

Let us know if that works out for you!

-Coach Jon

• HMagh
    HMagh Member
    edited July 15

This is happening to me on a recurring income transaction. It shows in my Spending Plan as Income, but when I link to a posted deposit transaction (either through the transaction itself or through the Recurring Income), the amount of Income for the month goes away. Super frustrating- the income should just be marked as "Received" not disappear from the Income portion of the Spending Plan. To get it back into my Spending Plan for the month, I have to delete the link, so then it shows "Past Due", even though I received it. This is a bug, and enough people are reporting on it.

• Coach Jon

Hello @HMagh,

Thanks for reaching out! To better help us understand your situation, could you let us know what you mean by "the amount of Income for the month goes away"? Could you supply a screenshot showing the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.