Dozens of transactions missing (Chase Credit Card)

Dave L
Dave L Member ✭✭✭
edited August 9 in Managing Your Transactions

I'm missing dozens of transactions from May from my Chase Credit Card (transactions were all in May, though more could be missing). I tried to reset the connection from the Accounts screen. not only did this not help resolve, now the account balance is incorrect. Please advise.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Dave L,

Thanks for reaching out! I would first suggest to reference our support article on How to Resolve Missing Transactions regarding the Sort Order, Prior Searches, and Filter Selections. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions#h_5960d55345

If you can verify that none of the above are affecting your register, be sure to let us know so we can work to figure out why these transactions are missing.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Dave L
    Dave L Member ✭✭✭

@Coach Jon I followed the guide and did not help. Still missing transactions The balance for one of my credit cards is about $1000, with balance on bank site and Simplifi both reflecting pending.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Dave L,

Thanks for the reply! Can you please provide the below information?

• The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    • The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    • A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    • A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    • Please confirm whether the missing transactions are impacting the balance in Quicken Simplifi or not.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

Hello,

Just adding here that I am having a similar problem. I have a host of payments and things that are not showing up on my transactions list. I see the problem most clearly with a Chase checking account, although I have not had time to extensively check my other accounts. As an example of the issue, I get paid bi-monthly from my work but I only have one notification for multiple months for a payment. I checked it against my bank records, and this is not correct.

I re-linked my accounts, refreshed the page, tried using no filters, and did all else recommended by the article. I still am not seeing my proper transactions.

S

• Coach Jon

Hello @sp4m4lot,

Thank you for reaching out! If you have done the above steps I provided earlier in this thread, please provide the same information I requested above:

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

@Coach Jon I don't feel comfortable sharing that information publicly but will directly message you. As a note, I think users should be encouraged to share account names, payees, amounts, etc only in private and not on public forums.

• Coach Jon

Hello @sp4m4lot,

Thanks for the reply. You may definitely feel free to DM me the information if that is what you are comfortable with. Additionally, just to clarify your situation, what do you mean specifically when you say "I get paid bi-monthly from my work but I only have one notification for multiple months for a payment"? Does this mean you only have 1 payment in Quicken Simplifi even though you have been paid multiple times?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

@Coach Jon,

It is what I am comfortable with, given this is a semi-public forum where I would not want to disclose my salary amount, when I receive it, the transaction names, my bank name, and my employer's name for people (malicious or otherwise) on the internet to see… I would have assumed it would be the policy not to ask for this kind of very specific information on a forum for a product where user safety around financial information is stated to be a strong goal.

And yes, that is correct. I directly messaged you regarding that specific type of payment that is only showing as coming through monthly and is missing additional payments, as well as two other payments I received from other sources that were not logged in Simplifi.

S

• Coach Jon

Hello @sp4m4lot,

Thanks for the information. Lastly, we also need logs to be submitted to help us verify the problem. The instructions to submit logs can be found below:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.  Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.  With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.  Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member
    edited June 24

Hi @Coach Jon,

I am following up because I submitted the information requested as well as the feedback, and I have not received any response or resolution on the issue. It is still ongoing.

Sincerely,

S

• Coach Jon

Hello @sp4m4lot,

Thanks for the reply! Let's have you try re-linking the account with a fresh new connection. You can make the accounts manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts.

Additionally, it looks like the examples provided are for transactions that are 2 months old. Is the issue still occurring with new transactions that you can provide examples for? If not, then it may be better to manually enter the older transactions as the best solution.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

Hi,

Thanks for that information.

I can confirm that this issue happened for multiple months (including last month), since beginning with Simplifi. I cannot extensively review my transactions every month and then manually add in all the transactions missed — my intent in paying for Simplify was to not have to manually review my transactions.

Who can I speak to regarding a refund and cancellation of my plan?

Sincerely,

S

• Coach Jon

Hello @sp4m4lot,

Thanks for the reply! I can understand your frustration. In order to escalate an issue, we need to be able to verify it is currently happening. Which is why we asked for more recent examples.

If you are still wanting to cancel and refund your subscription, we can do that here, as long as you are within 30 days of your subscription start date. Just confirm so here, and we will get that done for you.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

Hello,

I just posted a long comment and it does not seem to be here any longer. Please direct me to your legal department or have them contact my email on file. California licensed attorney here with an issue with unreasonably-limited refund provisions for a faulty service.

Thanks,

S

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

Hi,

This feels like a unfair gotcha moment. I didn't have the problem in the first month of using the service (that I was aware of because I was not cross-referencing my transactions because I was led to believe there wouldn't be issues) so I have voided my opportunity to cancel and be refunded? And so long as it didn't happen today/ what you define as recently, your service is not at fault for improperly tracking months of past transactions? Even though the issue happened in at least three months out of the last six months, including last month?

I use my accumulated transactions with Simplifi to create my own budget sheets at the end of every month. The only service I needed from Simplifi was accurate accumulation of transactions from my linked accounts, and for Simplifi to resolve issues if they were presented.

I was led to believe the Simplifi service would be reasonably accurate in terms of tracking and managing my budget. I kept all my accounts connected and followed directions to fix issues, without a resolution. I experienced multiple important transactions not registering over a long period of time and the resolution was for me to constantly look over Simplifi's work and go back to manually adding data to a spreadsheet. This voided my ability to use the service as intended.

I am requesting to escalate this issue. I am a California licensed attorney, and I'd like to be in touch with your legal team regarding the provisions of the contract that you are asserting control here, and the implication for claims if this is a wider spread issue than only I am experiencing. I am concerned that it does not seem like the terms of the service accurately reflect the service being offered and provided, and the overly restrictive terms for refunds don't seem to reflect the reality of the service being offered. I paid for a year's subscription and can confirm I experienced issues with transactions for at least three months, and a pro-rated refund seems to be a more appropriate response than refusal to return. And I make this judgment based on multiple years working for a judge in a civil unlimited courtroom writing legal bench memoranda on contract claims, and experience in a law firm litigating million dollar claims, and experience in a non-profit legal center helping people who were screwed over.

And I can understand any skepticism regarding my credentials based on my username here; I will be happy to share my state bar number with your team in private correspondence.

Really, it comes out to like, $17. And I really don't want to have to fight over this. But I'm very frustrated at this experience and the fact that other users may be getting similarly fleeced, and so… yea, if it's that kind of issue, I will fight about it.

I would recommend that further communication happen with the email address I have linked to my account and with the advice of counsel.

Sincerely,

S, J.D., M.A.

• sp4m4lot
    sp4m4lot Member

That comment appears to have been posted, so will share additional messaging that got cut off:

I am happy to provide my state bar number upon direct contact via my email.

If your team does not reach out, I would prefer not to waste the postage on a written demand letter for approximately $17 of prorated return funds, but I will. And I will also go to court for it, and I will also raise a class action issue if this is impacting more than just myself, and I will also go to California consumer protection agencies. I would therefore greatly appreciate a prompt resolution via email.

My prefered resolution will be to receive a prorated refund for the 3 months my transactions were inaccurate and cannot be corrected (according to the steps you've shared) without a manual interference (which is outside my expected and intended use of the service). I would also like my year subscription terminated and a return on that time of the year (approx 6 mos.) that I will not be using the service.

This is a resolution that I believe is fair and that I propose based on my years working as a law clerk for a judge in California state court; it was a civil unlimited courtroom handling primarily contract disputes, including issues related to the covenants of good faith and fair dealing. And it is also based on my experience as a litigator on million dollar cases in a law firm. And my experience in non-profit law centers helping individuals win back funds with consumer rights laws, including on teams that handled class action claims.

Prompt response would be appreciated. I plan to send a letter to your legal department in seven business days if I do not receive a direct response prior to that date.

Sincerely,

S

• Coach Jon
    edited July 1

Hello @sp4m4lot,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we cannot process refunds outside of the 30-day refund period, so you will need to contact our Chat/Phone support and have your request elevated to the appropriate team. I wish there was more we could do for you here, but we can only escalate something that is actively happening.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• Dave L
    Dave L Member ✭✭✭

Update from OP. I just manually updated what I thought was missing. Has been fine since. Wasn’t worth it to diagnose.

This discussion has been closed.