Apple Card account (manual) and all transactions were removed (edited)

Dan6912
Dan6912 Member
edited July 12 in Troubleshooting

I noticed yesterday, June 12, my manually added in January Apple Card account and ALL Apple Card transactions to current month were REMOVED from my Quicken Simplifi app and online database.

Could this be prep for auto importing Apple Card data?

Curious minds would like to know!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Dan6912,

Thanks for reaching out! To verify your situation, are you stating that your entire Apple Card account and its transactions are now missing from your Quicken Simplifi program?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Dan6912
    Dan6912 Member
    edited June 12

yes they are.

Also, reoccurring Bills & Payments/Subscriptions charges associated with Apple are gone as well. Basically, anything associated with Apple has automatically vanished!

A search for the word 'Apple' is non-existent now!!!!

I need to know if this is in preparation for Apple Card rollout. If so, there is no need, or perhaps no desire on the applications engineers part for me to recreate and reimport all prior Apple Card account data.

• Coach Jon
    edited June 12

Hello @Dan6912,

Thanks for reaching out! I can say that the impending Apple Card integration would not have caused this issue. I would suggest trying to sign out of Quicken Simplifi and then sign back in. I would also suggest trying from a different browser/incognito mode to see if the browser is causing this issue itself. Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Dan6912
    Dan6912 Member

Late to the ballgame. Already tried. Same issue

• Coach Jon
    edited June 12

Hello @Dan6912,

Thanks for the information. If you have already tried the above steps and they did not work, we will continue with troubleshooting. Is it possible that you may have accidentally deleted the account from Settings > Accounts? Doing so will delete all data and transactions from Quicken Simplifi for that account, which is why I ask.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Dan6912
    Dan6912 Member

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

• Coach Jon

Hello @Dan6912,

Thanks for the response. In this case, I would recommend the solution of manually recreating the account in Quicken Simplifi and importing the transactions. Importing transactions is pretty easy and we have a handy support article here with instructions as well: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Let us know if that works for you!

-Coach Jon

• Coach Marcus
    Coach Marcus Moderator admin

Dan6912, sorry this happened. This is definitely not due to any Apple Wallet work. The good news is that we just released our Apple Wallet integration yesterday for early access customers and if all goes well, I'll turn it on for all customers next week. You will be able to get all your transactions for Apple Card, Apple Cash, and Apple Savings since you started using these services. You will need to be on the iPhone to do this and won't be able to sync on Simplifi Web. Unfortunately, any changes to categories or payee names will be lost but with the integration, we'll do a much better job of picking the categories and entering Payee names. We did a lot of work to be able to read and guess the values for these fields with this integration better than we did on CSV import.

This discussion has been closed.