Can't add Prudential Life Insurance Account

buttersh
buttersh Member

When I try to add it, I get:

I have not added ANY prudential accounts. What do I need to do to be able to add this account?

Thank you for your help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@buttersh, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I found an old request for Prudential Life Insurance accounts from another user who states they were also unable to add these types of accounts in Quicken Simplifi. However, I'm not finding anything from our end indicating that these accounts aren't supported.

With that, please provide the following data so we can review your issue for escalation:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    5. Are you the owner of the account?
    6. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• buttersh
    buttersh Member

Hi Natalie,

Please see answers below in bold:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days? Yes, I make payments every month
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to? I don't get far enough in the add account process to see that.
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account? No.
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process? Not that I know of.
    5. Are you the owner of the account? Yes
    6. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website. Term Essential
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Feedback sent. Reference ID: 437868285637677568

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, thanks so much!

For number 2, this is referring to the bank's website. To determine the answer to this, you'd sign into the bank's website and then click on the account — do you stay on Prudential's website or are you redirected to an external site?

-Coach Natalie

• buttersh
    buttersh Member

Oopse. Gotcha. Yes, I am redirected. URL in screenshot below.

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, thanks!

I went ahead and got this issue escalated and will let you know when I hear back. Fingers crossed that these account types are supported!

-Coach Natalie

EWC-11132313

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, I heard back on the escalation and our service provider would like you to give it another try. If you're still unable to add the account, please DM me the last 4 digits of the account number so I can resubmit the ticket.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, thanks for giving it another try and providing the requested information! I resubmitted the ticket and will let you know when I hear back again.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, can you give this another try, please? If you still can't add the account, we'll need to escalate a different way.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• buttersh
    buttersh Member
    edited July 8

Hi Natalie,

Same error. I don't know if this is relevant, but when it asks me for the verification number, it asks twice. And of course, I enter it twice.

[edited image - [privacy]

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, thank you for giving it another try!

I went ahead and got this issue escalated a different way. We won't hear back nearly as fast, however, our engineering team will now become involved and we'll find out for sure what's going on and whether the Life Insurance accounts are supported. I'll keep you updated with any news!

-Coach Natalie

CTP-10371

• Coach Natalie

@buttersh, I heard back faster than I thought! Our engineering team confirmed that Term Life Insurance accounts aren't supported because they are not true investment accounts. At this juncture, you can go ahead and follow along with the request I sent above (click here).

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.