Hello

Momma2Jen
Momma2Jen Member
edited July 24 in Introduce yourself!

So, this is the first time I have gotten to the community to check things out. I signed in May of 23 for Simplifi and added all my data in. There were a few issues with bank accounts but I finally figured it out. I checked on it for a while but, then I quit looking at it. It renewed again in May but, I still had not gotten back to it. Yesterday, I decided I spent the money, it's time to get back to it but, now I feel so clueless that I'm not sure what to do. Do I delete and start over, change to another software, maybe Q Classic or what? I'm thinking in order to make it correct I would need to go in and make some corrections since it's been so long since I have used it. I'm just not really sure which way to go right now. Do you suggest if someone has been away from it for so long that you start over, change software, or just continue from here. As of right now I really feel clueless. Thanks for reading, any suggestions?

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Momma2Jen

Welcome back. I suppose the answer to your questions depends on how complicated your personal finances are, how well QS has handled you data unmonitored over the past year(?), how much time you have to get into the data and make any corrections, how important it is to you to have a "deeper" history in QS or if you're more focused on starting fresh with organizing and managing your day-to-day cost of living.

When I jumped over to Quicken Simplifi from Quicken Classic, I did a fresh start which I like doing from time to time anyway.

To start over you will need to manually delete all you existing accounts according to this support article:

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Momma2Jen, thanks for posting!

You also have the option of deleting your entire Quicken Simplifi dataset so you can start completely over. Let us know if you want to do this and we can take care of it for you from our end!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Momma2Jen

With Simplifi, you don’t have to worry too much about what’s happened in the past (I.e. past transactions, uncategorized stuff, etc. The most important thing is that they won’t throw off future account balances. They will cause some ongoing annoyance with naming payees and the temporary problems with reporting (you’ll stop noticing them after 1 year). However, the all important account balance and projected account balance will be unaffected. That said, I’d probably recommend asking one of the coaches in this forum to just reset your account so you can start back at zero…unless you have lots of time on your hands for tedious database work.

No, I wouldn’t recommend choosing a different software! Since you have it, give Simplifi a try!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.