Bank of Hawaii (Guam/Saipan/Palau)

J3tSk!3
J3tSk!3 Member

For some reason Bank of Hawaii has two types of logins. One for users in the Hawaii and another for territories. The one for Hawaii is supported by Simplifi but the other one (Bank of Hawaii - Guam/Saipan/Palau) is not supported.

On their website, you select your login choice from a dropdown. Can Simplifi add the territory option to their connections? Thanks!

B

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @J3tSk!3,

To better assist with this issue, please provide more information. What is the login URL (web address) when you select the dropdown for the territories? When you attempt to connect using the connection options for Bank of Hawaii in Quicken Simplifi, do you get any error messages/codes? If not, then what does happen when you attempt to connect?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• J3tSk!3
    J3tSk!3 Member
    edited June 30

Appreciate the follow up, Coach Kristina.

URL is the same for both: www.boh.com

Changing the dropdown value does not refresh the page so the URL is unchanged

No error message is received because someone probably has the same login name as me under the Hawaii option because the phone numbers offered to me for OTP delivery after I enter my userid, aren't mine. At that point, I hit cancel

I didn't/don't have the same problem with other aggregators (Mint, [Removed]) because they present BOH Hawaii and BOH Territory (Guam/Saipan/Palau) as separate connection options which is why it works for them.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @J3tSk!3,

Thanks for the reply! I would suggest clicking the URL displayed for the bank during connection in Quicken Simplifi to see if the website allows you to sign in there with your credentials. This will give us a good idea of what is occuring and how to proceed.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• J3tSk!3
    J3tSk!3 Member

Coach Jon, when I try it, it presents me with a couple of phone numbers to choose from to receive my OTP. None of those phone numbers belong to me. These are the same numbers presented to me when I log in on the BOH website selecting the default (Hawaii) login. It appears after the userid is entered but before the password prompt which is in a separate page. This indicates to me that someone has the same userid as me under the Hawaii option.

When I select the 'Guam/Saipan/Palau' option in the BOH website my phone number appears after I enter the userid. Thanks for following up on this.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @J3tSk!3,

Thanks for the reply! We went ahead and turned your post into an FI Request post. This will allow other users to vote for and follow this thread going forward.

Thanks,

Coach Jon