Unable to withdraw/contribute to a Savings Goal (edited)

System
System Administrator admin
edited August 16 in Report a Bug

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Unable to contribute to Savings Goal.

Tagged:

Comments

• Phlach
    Phlach Member
    edited July 4

@Coach Natalie - I am having this exact same issue. Happening only in the desktop web version. Works fine in the app on my iphone. I've tried logging in and out, clearing my browser cache, trying incognito mode, and trying both Chrome and Edge. Probably related, something I noticed is that it shows $0 available to spend (only in the web version) for all my goals, even though they are all funded. Here's a screenshot example:

Any thoughts on how to resolve? For comparison, here's a screenshot from my phone (in the IOS app) of the exact same savings goal.

• lindsayla18
    lindsayla18 Member ✭✭

@Phlach it looks like you are having problems withdrawing funds from a savings goal. The problem I reported pertains to contributing to a savings goal. These might be two separate issues.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Phlach, thanks for posting to the Community!

Since it sounds like you're experiencing something different from @lindsayla18, I went ahead and split your post into a new discussion. With that, I have some questions to better understand the issue:

1. If you have more than one Savings Goal, is the issue affecting only one of them, or is it impacting all of them?
    2. Does the issue only occur when withdrawing for another purpose, or do you see it when withdrawing to spend for the goal as well?
    3. What type of account are you withdrawing the funds back to (Checking, Savings, etc.)?
    4. If the issue is only occurring with one Savings Goal, have you tried deleting and recreating it or anything along those lines?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Phlach
    Phlach Member
    edited July 7

Thanks @Coach Natalie. I've experienced the error ("Sorry, but we were unable to make your changes") both attempting to deposit AND withdraw from various savings goals (not just one). It happened today while attempting to deposit to a goal. The account being used is a checking account with ample funds. I've tried deleting and recreating the goals, with no success.

As I mentioned, it's happening intermittently and I can't seem to find rhyme or reason. The only thing that is consistent is that when it's happening on desktop (web browser) and it refuses to allow me to deposit or withdraw from a goal, I can always attempt the same transaction using the app on my phone and it always works (on my phone).

The only other part that has been consistent (and I have to believe may be related) is that on the desktop (web) version all of my savings goals show (Available to Withdraw $0.00), but in the iphone app the "Available to Withdraw" amount is correct (see the two screenshots in my last post).

• Coach Natalie

@Phlach, thanks for the reply!

For the Savings Goal that you were unable to contribute to yesterday from your checking account, did you perhaps try to contribute from a different account to see if it works? Also, when it comes to the "Available to Withdraw $0.00", did this immediately occur after deleting and recreating a Savings Goal with a 'Saved so far' amount used?

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• Phlach
    Phlach Member

@Coach Natalie

I didn't try contributing from another account to see if it works, but I'll try that the next time I see experience the error.

Regarding the "Available to Withdraw $0.00", I don't recall seeing that before this error started occurring. Also, that "Available to Withdraw $0.00" shows for ALL of my savings goals (I have about 10 goals). All 10 use the same bank account, but I just tried creating a brand new savings goal using a different linked bank account. I set a goal of $10, then successfully contributed $5 to it (again, from a different checking account). If I go to withdraw from that goal, I see the same strange "Available to Withdraw $0.00" even though $5 is truly available.

• Coach Natalie

@Phlach, thanks for following up!

Yes, it would be nice to be able to narrow things down a bit by seeing if you can contribute from a different account or to a different Savings Goal from that same account or anything along those lines. As it stands now, we'd need to get some specific details and outlines from you for an escalation:

1. An outline of what's occurring with the specific details — this would look something like "Attempting to contribute to my Savings Goal named [insert name] from my account named [insert name], [insert result] happens; Attempting to withdraw from my Savings Goal named [insert name] from my account named [insert name], [insert result] happens, etc.
    2. A screenshot of your Savings Goals page showing all of your active goals and the 'Available' amount (so we can see the $0 alongside the bar graph showing your progress).
    3. Comparison screenshots of these same data points from the Mobile App.
    4. The primary browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    5. The OS of the computer you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Alternatively, if you want to track @lindsayla18's issue in the other thread to see if it resolves what you're seeing as well when that ticket is resolved, you are certainly welcome to wait on providing all of this info. The reason I mention this is because the existing ticket is already in a "review" status, so I think they may be close to a fix, and it very well may fix things for you too. Totally up to you!

-Coach Natalie

• Phlach
    Phlach Member

Thanks @Coach Natalie! The issues do seem similar enough that I think it's worth it to wait and see how web release 4.16.0 goes. I just discovered and subscribed to the Updates From the Product Team and Known Product Issues forums.

Thank you for your responsiveness and engagement with users. Although these bugs can be annoying, your engagement with users has kept me from throwing my hands up in the air and looking at other personal finance services.

• Coach Natalie

@Phlach, were you able to test this again since 4.16.0 was released? 🤞

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.