Incorrect manual account balance after deleting Savings Goal

System
System Administrator admin
edited August 2 in Troubleshooting

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Manual Savings Account Incorrect Balance.

Tagged:

Comments

• jeggen
    jeggen Member

Same issue here - happened after a deleted a savings goal and those funds were "readded" to my account. Doesn't make sense to me since prior to the deletion my available balance showed lower amount, now the entire account had that amount added. If this was a transaction or a setting I could edit it but as noted this adjustment doesn't show up anywhere. Very frustrating!

I created a transaction and backdated it to adjust, but wish there was a better way this was handled and there was visibility into where this adjustment occurred so I could have corrected it.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 4

@jeggen, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I went ahead and moved your post to a new discussion so we can take a fresh look at it. If you'd like to troubleshoot the balance discrepancy as opposed to keeping the balance adjustment transaction, please let us know:

1. Are you using the Quicken Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both? If you're seeing the issue on one or the other, can you check to see if it's present in both locations, please (if you use both, no worries if not)?
    2. Have you tried signing out and back in since deleting the Savings Goal or anything along those lines?
    3. If you delete the balance adjustment transaction that you created and then expand all months, you can then select every single transaction in the register and get a "selected" total at the top — please provide a screenshot of this "selected" total that includes the account balance in the top right. It will look like the following screenshot, and will allow us to see the discrepancy:

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Robinthemike
    Robinthemike Member ✭✭

@jeggen it’s very frustrating. I submitted all the information as discussed above and within a day the balance was corrected. I agree, it shouldn’t be this difficult to resolve balance discrepancies, especially for manual accounts.

This discussion has been closed.