Which Credit Card brands have their transactions show up the quickest for you within Simplifi?

Oviich
Oviich Member

Amex is my daily driver, and it feels like it can take upwards of 3 business days even once the transaction is posted for it to appear in Simplifi.

The other day, I made a purchase with my Chase Visa and was surprised when it showed up nearly instantly

Both institutions are set to show pending, up guessing it's just a difference in their APIs.

Which credit card company do you use and how quickly does it show up? I may switch my daily driver to be one with a company that has a mature API/integration with Simplifi. I'm curious on any anecdotes with Citi

[edited title for readability]

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 5

@Oviich, thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

I'm sure you'll see other users come along with advice for you on this, but I wanted to chime in in the meantime. I personally have credit cards with Capital One, Comenity, Synchrony, and Citi, and none of them download pending transactions. My credit card through Citi is not on the OAuth API connection, though, so there may be a difference for cards that are.

This article lists some of the common banks that don't download pending transactions: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5654045-does-quicken-simplifi-download-pending-transactions

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5

@Oviich

My most active card is my Costco Citi Visa and transactions show up in Quicken Simplifi seemingly instantaneously. OK, not instantly upon completion of a transaction, but within a very short time and certainly day of the transaction. For instance, I filled up one of our autos at 12:38 PM today and the transaction was posted on Citi website and right now (3:00 PM) the transaction is already showing in Quicken Simplifi as pending along with several other transactions by both me and my wife made today.

I don't use my other credit cards nearly as much as the Citi card so I can't say how quickly those are processed (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, CapitalOne, Chase) but I don't remember any of them taking up to 3 days to report a purchase transaction.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Graham
    Graham Member

My Navy Federal Visa card updates before my wife can get back to the car with her loot.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

My Chase (amazon visa) shows up the fastest. AmEx Magnet is next fastest. I have 2 credit cards that are manual only, so no downloads.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (iMac) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

My Chase Freedom [and never find it] card is practically instantaneous! I’ve bought groceries at Kroger and had it sync to Simplify literally by the time I crossed the parking lot and got in the car!!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.