Repeat CSV Import - Error

John LeDonk
John LeDonk Member
edited August 9 in Troubleshooting

My bank account's aren't supported to automatically sync, so I need to download the files, convert into CSV format, and then import into Simplifi.

I have the correct format (Date/Payee/Amount/Tag) and have this saved as a template for uploading and have done this successfully a number of times.

This round some of the transactions were scrambled by a line in the .csv file, causing almost all of them to be in error. Instead of manually typing out everything, I deleted the transactions manually, corrected the .csv file, and attempted to upload.

However, the file says that it is "uploading" and then nothing shows up on the platform. I believe that this was an identified issue previously; just wondering if it got resolved.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• I ended up resolving the issue by just manually uploading each transaction. Cumbersome, but allowed me to keep everything current. Hopefully there aren't issues with future uploads into these accounts with new payees, transaction amounts, and dates etc.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @John LeDonk,

Thanks for reaching out! I am glad you were able to get your transactions uploaded. This sounds like it could have possibly been a format issue. Generally, I would just recommend downloading our CSV template to avoid any issues with importing. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.