Unable to connect to Truist (edited)

SemiGuy
SemiGuy Member

Mobile app says I need to reconnect my account. I correctly enter my username and password. App then asks to send verification code to my cell via text and I accept. Then, I do not get a text before an error stating “we are unable to connect to Truist online banking at this time. Please try again later” and “Care: not.found”.

Tagged:

Comments

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I would try a login on my Truist account from a compute and be sure my account did not a have a none texting number in addition to your mobile number. Next try login to Simplifi using the web app and try a reconnect. My Truist account only requires a verification code occasionally and it works fine on the computer but have never needed it on the Mobile app.

• miket0429
    miket0429 Member

Same here…just started happening on July 5

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @miket0429,

Thanks for reaching out! I would try with a fresh new connection! You can make the accounts manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• miket0429
    miket0429 Member

I made my 3 accounts manual, set up a new Truist connection using SMS 2-factor (before it would fail after requesting a 2-factor code) and then linked all 3 accounts to the manual ones but it didn't fix the problem. Still getting these errors with the freshly-linked connection.

So I tried again by making the accounts manual and then adding a new Account but this time instead of choosing the first result for Truist (Truist Online Banking) I chose "Truist Bank" which was the 5th or 6th option. After putting in the 2 factor and linking the manual accounts everything started working again. All transactions are there, including the missing ones between now and July 5. Thanks for the suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.