Error when updating older transaction: "Sorry, but we were unable to make your changes."

Peripety
Peripety Member
edited August 23 in Report a Bug

Last night I was double checking recurring bills because I've had some issues with them not being classified correctly, and found one from March of this year that was indeed classified incorrectly - it wasn't a recurring transaction at all but had been caught up in the net. So I unlinked it, renamed the transaction, and re-categorized it. This made the transaction move to "pending" and the linked icon remained on the transaction with a pop up "Sorry, but we were unable to make your changes." I decided to let it sit in case it was just a glitch, but tonight the error still pops up whenever I try to unlink it.

I tried a second time tonight in a private-mode browser but the error remained.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Peripety,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify, are you stating that when you click 'Un-link recurring' in the menu next to that transaction, it then provides the popup you were referring to in your post as an error message?

Are you able to delete and recreate the transaction in your register?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Peripety
    Peripety Member

Yes, that's what I meant.

I was hoping to avoid deleting it, lol, but I just did and re-entered and it seems to have worked. It's still marked "pending" but hopefully that will disappear after a day or two.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Peripety,

Thanks for the reply. Glad that worked. You should be able to edit the transaction and mark it as cleared.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Peripety
    Peripety Member

That worked! Thanks! Didn't know I could change that.

This discussion has been closed.