No transactions before Jan 19, 2024 ?!

EllieBean
EllieBean Member
edited August 27 in Managing Your Transactions

I've been using Quicken for more years than I can remember! Just switched from Classic Classic Business & Personal to Simplifi and thinking I made a big mistake!

I no longer need the business and truth is I just need a register. I just went to look at transactions from Jan & Feb 2024 and the earliest transaction showing is Jan 19, 2024! I have bank statements in front of me with transactions from Jan 2, 2024. Why aren't they showing in here?!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @EllieBean,

Thanks for reaching out! Your data from Quicken Classic will not carry over to the Quicken Simplifi side. If this is your first time downloading transactions for an account, it's important to know that banks place limitations on the amount of data you can download into Quicken Simplifi. It sounds like your bank defaulted to downloading data from the beginning of this year. If you need earlier transactions, you can import them into Quicken Simplifi using these instructions: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Hope this helps!

-Coach Jon

• EllieBean
    EllieBean Member

Thanks … That is what happened - bank only allowed download of 6 months, which did not include all of January. Still not sure this is for me … I'm going to play with it awhile longer. :)

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @EllieBean ! Do hang in there, I’m a former Quicken Classic user as well and I’m so glad I made the switch!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • EllieBean
    EllieBean Member

Thanks @Flopbot - Why are you glad you switched?

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27

@EllieBean

You’ll find a pretty complete - maybe to complete - summary of why I’m happy I made the switch in this post.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/4464/question-for-flopbot#latest

Let me know if you have any questions after looking over it.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @EllieBean like you, @Flopbot and a number of others, I also moved to Quicken Simplifi form Quicken Classic. I made the move a couple of years ago… I simply didn't need the robustness of Classic and started looking around. When I discovered Simplifi, I found what I was looking for. There are significant differences between the two and it takes some adjustments to how you think about organizing and looking at your budgeting process and month-2-month personal finance dance, but for me it was a great solution.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.