Issue with Workaround for Ongoing Fidelity Issues

KB2014
KB2014 Member ✭✭
edited August 27 in Investments

I followed the directions for the Fidelity Akoya workaround, and indeed it worked to get my account information automatically synced into Quicken simpli. The results are the same for Android phone app and the web browser version.

But, it doesn't QUITE work right! The accounts are listed correctly down the left side of the screen, and the accounts that are in my name have the correct balances, but the accounts in my wife's display the PREVIOUS day's ending balances. When I click on any of the accounts, it displays the correct market value with today's change, both in total and for each listed security. If I subtract today's change from market value, I get the number listed on the left.

So for some reason my wife's IRAs are showing the previous session's ending balances in the account dashboard list, but mine are correct. To clarify, years ago we added my wife's IRAs to my view. That was so long ago, I don't remember what we had to do; we might have had to contact them and my wife may have had to fill out a form and mail it back. Whatever we did, this might not be a common problem for simplifi users, so hopefully most of you aren't affected.

I'm going to try deleting those two accounts from this Akoya workaround, and then see if I can add the update capability back under my wife's login.

Hopefully that will work, and if anyone else is experiencing this, it might be worth trying that. In the meantime, I wanted the Quicken team to be aware of this issue; surely I'm not the only one with the problem. I suspect many couples split up household duties, and I'm the "numbers" guy in the household, so my wife gleefully lets me worry about banking administrivia.

If my idea of syncing my wife's IRAs with her own login rather than mine doesn't work, I'll be back to update this.

This discussion has been closed.