Watchlists: Update the Graph Data when filtering the Transaction Activity area (edited)

Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 30 in Feature Requests

When I click the Breakdown By Category in a watchlist, the register below in Transaction Activity reflects just the items in the breakdown, BUT the Bar Graphs and Data above do not.

It would be great to see the bars reflect the spend in the Selected Breakdown as well as show the updated 12 month Average, Year to Date, This month.

Thanks

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Agree, I will like this.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭

I almost feel like this is a bug, since the data in the table changes after clicking a breakdown, and the bars don't, it seems like the action should be linked. @Coach Natalie do you know if there is another post with either a similar bug report or feature request?

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Max1223, Watchlists aren't filterable, they just use the parameters assigned to them (i.e. Categories, Payees, or Tags) to get the totals and the graph data. The ability to filter down the Transaction Activity to see what's included in a certain parameter appears to be independent of the Watchlist totals and data.

I'm not aware of any other feature requests for this or it would have been merged with this one. But having this feature request is a great start to getting the idea in front of our product team and allowing us to see how many users would like to see the change!

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the reply. Just to be sure we are talking the same thing, maybe the word "filter" isnt the best description here.

When I click "Breakdown by Category" button, this updates the results in the Transaction Activity, but the Bar Graph above does not reflect the change of the selected Breakdown.

It seems as if BOTH should change when clicking any one of the Breakdown buttons.

Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

It seems as if BOTH should change when clicking any one of the Breakdown buttons.

@Max1223, that's what this request is for. If implemented, it would be a change to the current design.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Coach Natalie