All Recurring Yearly totals when using Every Month is multiplied by 13 instead of 12 (edited)

ewangw
ewangw Member
edited September 4 in Report a Bug

Is anyone seeing that the yearly totals under Bills & Payment > All Recurring is now multiplying by 13 when you have a monthly expense?

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I'm seeing that.

Also, while i'm looking at recurring, I see where the next charge is next year, the yearly total is showing zero.

In this case, it's next year because this year I pre-paid annually, but next year I plan to do monthly. I'm not even sure i need to keep this particular subscription, I barely use it, but every couple of months i need to edit something with it, so it's "handy".

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone, I am seeing this issue as well, though it's not happening for all of my 'Every Month' Recurring Transactions for some reason; I think it might just be Recurring Bills. At any rate, I got what I'm seeing reported and will let everyone know when we hear back.

@RobWilk, you'll want to create a separate post to report your separate issue if you'd like to do some troubleshooting.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-22254

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1

@Coach Natalie I will make a separate issue if you want, but ultimately, I imagine the fix is wait for the year the next charge is coming on, which I'm good with. I'm a little curious, with 'every x year' charges how that would show up in 'yearly' - would it divide it by 'x' years and put an average? Off topic, but I may look at that later.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey again, I already heard back on this and it sounds like 'Yearly' totals are not derived by a simple multiplication. This is what our product team said: "For the yearly calculation, we do it slightly differently than multiplying the recurring amount by 12 months. We calculate the amount based on how many posted transactions exist for the recurrence + the amount of future scheduled transactions for the rest of the calendar year multiplied by the amount."

@RobWilk, this is most likely what you're seeing with that one Recurring Transaction that shows a $0 total.

Let me know if anyone has any questions on this intended design!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the clarification. My totals also show multiplied by 13 for the yearly total for monthly or other transaction frequency.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.