Support is a bit Sketchy

rooster
rooster Member
edited September 11 in Feedback

I realize I'm rather security conscious but when attempting to troubleshoot my inability to reconnect my credit card account to Simplifi via a support chat I was informed that they only way I could get support was if I uploaded a screenshot of my credit card's account summary page to a website that is not owned by Quicken (i.e., trendzact.com). While there may not be anything sensitive on that page I've not scrubbed it to confirm. When I offered to provide any information of the page that they needed directly they informed me that they could not help without a screen shot.

The reassurances that "We understand your concern and want to assure you that our team is here to help" and "I am not requesting any data information" were not so reassuring.

Is this actually the support practice for Simplifi? If so, I may reconsider granting it access to my financial accounts.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @rooster,

Yes, for certain issues, Quicken Simplifi Support's troubleshooting requires collecting screenshots showing specific information. It is not uncommon to send a secure link so that a customer can upload those required screenshots. I can confirm that you did contact our Chat Support, since I can see the ticket documenting the interaction (Ticket# 11220949).

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• I wasn't questioning the validity of the contact as much as the process. If you require specific information, then ask for specific information not a picture that may or may not capture that data along with loads of other information you certainly don't need. I totally understand that some customers may be unable to provide you the exact information you need to troubleshoot the problem and that a screenshot allows you to side step those issues. However, those same customers my not realize what they are exposing by providing that screenshot.

I will attempt to troubleshoot this on my own but if given the choice between providing screenshots of my accounts and discontinuing my use of this service I'll chose the latter.

This discussion has been closed.