PayPal Credit displaying PayPal transactions

Naviathan
Naviathan Member
edited September 23 in Adding and Updating Accounts

PayPal Credit is showing my PayPal Checking account transactions, not credit.

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure you linked the right accounts to the right accounts when you set up the connection initially? You can always temporarily disconnect (make manual) the paypal accounts then reconnect and relink them.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Naviathan,

Thank you for reaching out! I see on our side that you are using the. "Paypal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto" instance in Quicken Simplifi. Is this the instance where the checking account transactions are showing up in your account? Have you tried Resetting your Account connection to see if that resolves the issue? Let us know! https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• I'm having the same issue, I used the Paypal Credit, Mastercard, Crypto way to connect. Only saw one account, figured it was my PayPal Credit. But shows transactions from PayPal checking and some from PayPal Credit. I've had this issue in Qucken, Simplifi, and Mint. Thought this was resolved already. This is super annyoing!

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Decoder00,

Thanks for letting us know! You mentioned that you have transactions appearing from both your Paypal Credit and Paypal Checking accounts. Are these transactions appearing in the same account in Quicken Simplifi? Have you tried resetting your account connections as I mentioned above?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• No, the only transactions are from the PayPal Checking account.

The problem is that PayPal Credit is hosted through Synchrony (https://paypalcredit.syf.com) and the only way to log into it is through PayPal. It's a redirect, but Simplifi doesn't see that account.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Naviathan, thanks for the reply!

According to our support article here, PayPal Checking and Savings accounts need to be connected using the "PayPal" option in Quicken Simplifi, and all other PayPal accounts need to be connected to the "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" option. As far as I'm aware, PayPal Credit Card accounts through Synchrony can be accessed using the latter option.

With that, I have a few questions to better understand the issue you're experiencing:

1. What types of PayPal accounts do you have?
    2. Which of these accounts do you want to have connected in Quicken Simplifi?
    3. Which of these accounts do you currently have connected in Quicken Simplifi, and which PayPal bank option are they connected to?

I agree with Rob — it sounds like something may be incorrectly linked. I'd suggest following these steps to establish a fresh connection with the bank and then keep an eye on things moving forward. You'll want to use the appropriate bank option outlined above depending on the account type, and you'll want to carefully link the corresponding account in Quicken Simplifi.

1. Make all of your PayPal accounts manual by following the steps here
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

-Coach Natalie

1. What types of PayPal accounts do you have? Checking and Credit
    2. Which of these accounts do you want to have connected in Quicken Simplifi? Both
    3. Which of these accounts do you currently have connected in Quicken Simplifi, and which PayPal bank option are they connected to? Only Checking. I tried to connect with PayPal Credit, MasterCard, and Crypto, but it pulls in my Checking account only.

When I go through either PayPal account connection option I only get one account available.

• Coach Natalie

@Naviathan, thanks for answering those questions!

To confirm, your original description of "PayPal Credit is showing my PayPal Checking account transactions, not credit" is inaccurate, correct? You are instead unable to add the Credit account at all? If so, it sounds like this is a known issue that has already been escalated. We just got an Alert up that you can follow for updates:

-Coach Natalie

• That sounds about right. I'll follow that.

Just to be clear, when I try to add my account through PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto it only shows my Checking account, which I would think shouldn't show up in the connection.

• Coach Natalie

@Naviathan, I believe it will show the Checking and Savings accounts, but you won't be able to use the better OAuth connection. The "PayPal" option uses the OAuth API to connect; the API is limited to Checking and Savings accounts.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Coach Natalie

• That does, thank you. Maybe you can add a filter to the Credit, MasterCard and Crypto service so it doesn't show Checking and Savings accounts? It would save on the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.