Fidelity Stock Purchase and RSU accounts not syncing after API change

Elvin
Elvin Member

I did not see this in the known issues. My RSU and Stuck Purchase accounts under Fidelity no longer synch and are connected after the recent API switch. I have reset the connection multiple times know on multiple browsers and it only connects my individual brokerage accounts.

Will this be resolved ?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Elvin, thanks for posting to the Community!

When viewing our Tips & Tricks for the OAuth API connection for Fidelity, it looks like the only account types that aren't supported are crypto accounts: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api#h_e0eec49ace

With that, have you switched your Fidelity accounts to the "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" connection option, or do you possibly still have your accounts linked to one of the old connectors?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Elvin
    Elvin Member
    edited August 14

hi, yes I am using the new Fidelity Inv & Retirement. Fidelity gives me the option to link 3 accounts but once the synch complete Simplifi only recognizes 1 account.

• Coach Natalie

@Elvin, thanks for confirming and for providing visuals of the OAuth process!

I'd suggest following these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with Fidelity Inv & Retirement and generate a new OAuth token from the bank:

1. Navigate to the bank's website, sign in, and then remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party linked apps.
    2. Navigate back to Quicken Simplifi and make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    3. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    4. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Other things to check for on the bank's end are:

• Make sure the missing accounts are set up for third-party access.
    • Make sure the missing accounts have recent activity (within the last 90 days).
    • Make sure you are the owner of the account.

Let us know how things go!

-Coach Natalie

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. My unvested stock accounts are not showing up in simplifi. I followed the steps you outlined above. No dice.

• Same issue here. Fidelity is my employer's retirement/incentive/brokerage account firm. Within the past 48 hours, none of my accounts are connecting properly after working fine for months on end. I hope this is resolved quickly.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @Mortimer Duke,

To clarify, are you having the same issue, where the accounts aren't showing up in Quicken Simplifi (no option to add), or are you encountering a different issue when trying to connect?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Elvin
    Elvin Member

this started working for me again today. My accounts are now linked correctly

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

I still cannot get my stock and RSU accounts to come in using the akoya connection.

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 28

@danielkeisling, did you follow the steps that were posted above? You can try this for the Intuit and/or the Finicity bank options.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Yes, I did. I have 9 accounts and only 6 are shown to link.

• Coach Natalie

@danielkeisling, thanks for confirming!

Have you tried to add these accounts using the Intuit bank instance for Fidelity, which is listed as "Fidelity Inv & Retirement"? I'd also suggest trying from a different browser in case something in your primary browser is blocking access or something along those lines.

If the issue persists, I have a few additional questions to better understand things:

1. Is this your first time adding the 3 missing accounts in Quicken Simplifi, or have they been connected prior?
    2. If they've been connected prior, which bank option were they connected to?
    3. Has there been any activity in the accounts in the last 90 days?
    4. Are you the owner of the accounts?
    5. Are the accounts considered external accounts (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    6. Are the accounts a subtype of different accounts?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

I used the Intuit bank instance for many many months but had to switch because it no longer downloads transactions. Your guidance was to switch to akoya.

1/2: They worked fine under Intuit, never under akoya

3. No activity in 90 days, although I do have a Distribution hitting today

4. Yes I am the owner

5. No the accounts are not external

6. No the accounts are not a subtype.

To reiterate, Fidelity groups accounts into 4 main buckets (at least for me): Investment, Retirement, Spend & Save, and Stock Plans. Only the accounts in Stock Plans are the ones that don't show up with the akoya connection.

• Coach Natalie

@danielkeisling, thanks for the reply!

Did you try from another browser? We will also need you to try the Intuit connection so we can determine if the issue is Finicity-specific. It is my understanding that transactions not downloading is a Fidelity limitation and would be the same on both aggregators. I'm also wondering if the lack of activity in the accounts is causing the issue. Please wait until the distribution hits to see if that fixes the issue for that account. You may need to make a small transfer or deposit or something along those lines into the accounts so they have recent activity.

-Coach Natalie

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Yes, I tried from another browser on another computer, same issue.

Note that "Stock Plans" under Fidelity don't have transactions in the sense of checking or investment accounts. When there is a distribution the transaction appears in the "Investment" account. The only need to connect the Stock Plans is to get the account balances for reporting (net worth, etc.).

Transactions for investment/retirement/spend & save accounts absolutely download using Finicity. It used to work with Intuit until we started getting the FD-101 error or whatever it was (open issue). I actually posted another topic the other day because I am unable to unable to uncheck "exclude from spending/savings plan" for transactions downloaded with Finicity.

Lastly, I created a new account using the Intuit connection and only chose my 3 Stock Option accounts. It connected successfully and I am able to now see my balances for these accounts. We'll see if I get the 101 error in the future. But for now I think this workaround is okay. I think the ultimate fix to get the Intuit connection working for all accounts because the akoya connection isn't performing well at all with regards to transactions.