Not receiving some community notifications

lindsayla18
lindsayla18 Member ✭✭
edited September 20 in Using the Community

I've been following a few categories since joining the community late last year, and regularly received email notifications for categories I'm following. But recently I noticed that I had not received emails for the category, Updates from the Product Team since mid-July. Then yesterday I received a notification for the post, "Mobile Release 5.10.0" but not for "Web Release 4.20.0". @Coach Natalie since you're the author of posts in this category I wanted to make you aware of this and ask whether you have any insight. Thank you!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@lindsayla18, thanks for reaching out!

I'd suggest performing some basic steps, such as:

• Signing out and back into the Community.
    • Unfollowing and re-following the category (more info here in case it's helpful).
    • Clearing the cache and cookies for the Community site in your browser.
    • I'd also make sure your Notification Settings are properly set in your Community Profile (more info here).

Once done, keep an eye on things from there, and let me know if you still don't receive email notifications.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Whether or not this is obvious, I'd keep an eye on your junkmail too, or add the notifications e-mail address to safe senders or contacts (or both) to minimize the chance of messages going to junk.

Rob Wilkens

• lindsayla18
    lindsayla18 Member ✭✭

Thanks to you both. I keep close tabs on my spam (junk) mail and these haven't been going there but I'll continue to watch for that. @Coach Natalie, I just took all the actions you recommended and will keep an eye on it. I only follow a few categories but Updates from the Product Team is fairly active so I should know soon if these actions resolved the issue.

• lindsayla18
    lindsayla18 Member ✭✭

Hi @Coach Natalie just wanted to let you know I'm now receiving notifications again. Thanks for your help!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@lindsayla18, glad to hear it! Thanks for following up. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.