Tell us something random!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
Let's have some fun! Whether it's a random fun fact, a personal goal, where you plan to go on vacation next, a piece of advice you picked up over the years, or even how many pets you have, we want to hear it! 🎉

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was at my "usual vacation spot" which I last visited this month and again will visit in November, I first learned the Zebra fun fact mentioned above... (specifically on Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom).

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you take any three dimensional solid with flat faces known as polyhedron- i.e. a cube, pyramid or a soccer ball - then add the number of faces to the number of vertices and then subtract the number of edges the answer will always be 2.  :) 
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    =rand()
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siri says "A group of artists couldn't decide what to draw.  So they drew straws."
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borrowing someone else's code response, here's two similar lines excerpted from code i've written and maintain, in Kotlin:
    val r = Random()
    var Chosen = r.nextInt(size)
    or in Swift:

var Chosen=Int(arc4random_uniform(UInt32(size)))

This is from a random student picker as part of my app (android/iPad), in both cases things are done to ensure students are picked evenly (none more often than others).   In the case of Swift, I don't own an iPad and have not tested my code as much.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.