Problems using Simplifi with VPN protection

Options
Mike Holloway
Mike Holloway Member
edited September 2022 in Troubleshooting

I learned this afternoon why my use of the program kept resetting and requiring that I log in repeatedly earlier this week.  Apparently, online usage while operating with my VPN led to termination when the IPN changed from that I had used previously.  Today (8/10/22) my attempts to log in led the program to freeze access to the system for 5 hours at a time when I had a tight deadline to meet — led to complete failure in accomplishing my task, and put my business at risk.  Earlier, I found that changing the password and revisiting two-factor authentication was a way around the VPN conflict, but that was no longer effective.  I gather this is not an uncommon problem among users of this program.  in the absence of an effective way to keep my VPN functioning properly (I multi-task between URLs frequently using my MacBook Pro and Safari) while using Simplifi, I will be obliged to seek a workable alternative.  Any viable workarounds out there?

Comments

• Mike Holloway
    Options

Access to this forum as a subscriber was unavailable to file this issue, of course!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Mike Holloway,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you've been experiencing difficulties accessing Simplifi when using a VPN.

Since VPNs cause frequent IP changes, it's true that they can cause issues when using Simplifi. This is to protect you and your financial data, as Simplifi needs to be able to verify your identity and your access point to limit the risk of others accessing your account and data. With that said, we do recommend disabling your VPN before signing into Simplifi, especially if you're experiencing these types of issues. More details and troubleshooting steps for sign-in issues can be found in our Support Article here.

Additionally, I'd recommend not changing your password as a workaround to use a VPN with Simplifi, as frequent password changes can cause further security issues. Also, when it comes to accessing this forum, would you mind clarifying what specific issue you're experiencing?

Hopefully some other users come along with great feedback on using a VPN with Simplifi, but I hope this helps in the meantime!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.