Ability to remove tags during bulk edit

Norm6257
Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in Feature Requests
Similar to the way you can add multiple tags during bulk edit, I would like the ability to remove multiple tags during bulk edit.
26 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Norm6257, I’ve never been much of a tagged.  I’ve been wondering lately how to use the tag field, what tags to use and what I’m missing by not using tags?  If you have a chance I’d appreciate hearing how you use them.  Thanks.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Norm6257, I’ve never been much of a tagged.  I’ve been wondering lately how to use the tag field, what tags to use and what I’m missing by not using tags?  If you have a chance I’d appreciate hearing how you use them.  Thanks.
    Danny
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Norm6257 I’ve been wondering lately how to use the tag field, what tags to use and what I’m missing by not using tags?  If you have a chance I’d appreciate hearing how you use them.  Thanks.
    Danny
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Norm6257 I’ve been wondering lately how to use the tag field, what tags to use and what I’m missing by not using tags?  If you have a chance I’d appreciate hearing how you use them.  Thanks.
    Danny
  • drlegran
    drlegran Member
    edited October 2022
    Simplifi team, WHY is this not a feature yet? Do you know how tedious it is to remove tags one by one on 100+ transactions? [removed - disruptive]? This seems to me like it would be a SIMPLE fix. Please fix and update.
  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    @DannyB I use tags to help classify transactions. For example amounts that hit my account “home improvement” I use the tag to classify what it was, such as refrigerator, water softener, etc. that way I can keep the categories slim but get granular with reporting
  • Is this a feature now? I can't seem to figure this one in the webapp.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2023

@L.K., this post is requesting the ability to remove Tags when bulk editing transactions. This ability is not currently available in Quicken Simplifi, so please be sure to add your vote if you'd like to see it. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• dave_sxxxxx
    dave_sxxxxx Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023

Upvoted this as I use tags to indicate which transactions I've reviewed, since flags and the reviewed field are not included in the CSV export.

There have been cases where I selected multiple transactions and mistakenly tagged them as reviewed. It would be a good feature to be able to untag multiple transactions at once.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would also like to be able to edit the Reviewed flag in bulk.

Specifically, I noticed that whenever I bulk edit transactions, it marks them as Reviewed. Sometimes that's fine but sometimes it's not, I'd like it to show me that it'll do that and allow me to choose to either to mark them all as Reviewed, as Not Reviewed, or leave that field as is.

• djbradp1
    djbradp1 Member

I want this as well. Or better yet, allow us to import transaction category so we don't have to use the tag, then manually filter by imported tag to bulk set the category. Geez. It crazy to have technology require you to work so hard to get what you need. Tech is supposed to work for us.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

This works when the tag you are using is not used anywhere else in Simplifi. I tagged some investment transactions, and my Mint import broke down tags into several strings when the tags were supposed to be one line of text. For example, I tagged investment transactions as Int to denote Interest Paid to me. The Mint import process separated a Mint tag, "Internet and Phone", into two tags "Int", and "ernet and Phone".

So because I want to keep the tag in the investment area as I applied it, I find myself deleting tags one by one for 51 transactions. This enhancement will be nice.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present