Ability to add accounts via routing+acct #s

CoreyBarger
CoreyBarger Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Feature Requests
I've had trouble connecting accounts in the past via the log-in option and would like the option to add them via routing+acct #s like most banks allow. thanks
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @CoreyBarger,

I love the idea of this, but can’t imagine it would even be possible due to ever increasing online bank security measures.  If Simplifi says this is possible, I’m all for voting for this idea!
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I authorize payments this way, routing # and account #, but does this actually creat a link that you cn transfer account data over?  I thought this was basically an electronic check kind of thing and not a database transfer kind of thing.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • CoreyBarger
    CoreyBarger Member ✭✭
    @DannyB I have one specific acct I can't get to work on Simplifi so I tried asking said account if they could help. They were the ones who told me connecting this route would work for "3rd party apps/budgeting software" . I def stole the idea to post here and assumed it was a viable solution but they could be wrong. You've def asked a good question. 
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting.  I'll keep an eye on this to see where it goes.  I added my vote.  In the mean time, I know it's less then ideal, have you tried importing your account data for this institution via CSV file?  Here is a link on how to do that.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every person you write a check to (a paper check) gets a copy of your routing and account numbers...  Do you think getting access to your transaction history should be given to anyone you've written a check to?

I voted no.

Rob Wilkens

• JLittle
    JLittle Member
    edited November 2022
    This option works in [removed].  I wish it would work for Simplifi as well.
  • josepk0814
    josepk0814 Member ✭✭

I vote Yes for this, for sure!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

I agree @RobWilk - I do not want anyone that I write a check to (ex-husband, cleaning service, etc.) having a way to access my transactions via routing number and account number. I use checks every few months for those who do not want to take an electronic payment method. Simplifi is already improving account access via oauth api and other means.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present