Add a "notes" section [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
jfmclaugh
jfmclaugh Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Feature Requests
I realize you can add notes to individual items (although in a limited, all-in-on-line arrangement), but it would be great to have a general notes section- including URLs- available, perhaps, from the main menu. There are repeated and general things my wife and I do within Simplifi which we now have to reference in an external program like Evernote, not so convenient when you're already in the Simplifi app. 
Tagged:
12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Charles044
    Options
    Can we have the ability to place notes?  Maybe at the top of the web app where the balance and account name is?  A good place for notes on credit limits for cards, statement ending dates, etc.
  • ffurja
    ffurja Member
    Options
    Also a general purpose task utility would be useful
  • Mrsterry
    Mrsterry Member ✭✭
    Options
    Love this idea. I keep my 'guidelines' in an outside notes section too. And I'd love a place to put notes when I close out my monthly spending plan - would be nice to note why certain categories went over (projects, unforseen tax bills, etc.). 
  • AllieMM
    Options
    I agree that including notes on reminders would be super helpful.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would use an account-level 'notes' column to track things like statement date/due date (presuming it was about the same day each month), the APR, the credit limit,  and if i had any promotional credit (0% until xx/xx/xxxx) marking details

Rob Wilkens

• ibu600
    ibu600 Member
    Options

i need a note section for goals and for each category.

• ryan_07
    Options

I'd like to see a notes line on recurring reminders. I would store the URL to the biller website there, as well as any other info.

• flintster_99
    Options

I agree simply a 'notes' section on the account Edit screen would be helpful. Like previous posts, for cards could be APY, notes on which items to use the card for for rewards (to use each card for certain things), etc.

In my case I would use it on 529 accounts to note the Cost of Attendance allowance for the year to check and make sure I don't go over. Used to use account notes in Quicken for that.