Removed Flags Reappearing

Options
myfriend
myfriend Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug
I have removed flags from the same transactions at least three times and they keep reappearing.
This seems to happen most often with bulk edits, where I check the boxes for the transactions, click Edit transactions, check Follow-up flag, and select None and click Apply. The next time I log in, all the flags are back.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @myfriend,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue in Simplifi. 

I was able to reproduce this behavior and have gone ahead and gotten it reported. I'll be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14985 // QCS-15440

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Options

hi @Coach Natalie - any progress on this?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

No further update at this time, @myfriend.

As soon as any new information becomes available on the ticket, I will be sure to post back here. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Options

this problem is getting worse. flags are reappearing seconds after i remove them. what is the deal?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @myfriend,

Thanks for reaching out, although I'm sorry the issue is getting worse!

It doesn't look like there's an update to provide on the escalation as of yet, however, I did reach out and request one; I'll let you know when I hear back. In the meantime, you might consider clearing the cache and cookies for the Simplifi site to see if doing so helps clear things back up so it's not so impactful. It might help!

-Coach Natalie

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Options

it's been 10 months….this is still happening. getting ridiculous.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@myfriend, I'm sorry it's taking so long! I gave the ticket a bump and requested an update for you. I'll let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

• dg1
    dg1 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Repeatable steps:

1. Filter transactions to those with a specific color flag (or multiple colors of flags).
    2. Select multiple flagged transactions
    3. Select edit button to edit multiple transactions
    4. Select "Follow-Up Flag" and set it to "None"
    5. Click "Apply"

In the resulting screen, the flags will temporarily disappear from the selected transactions, but after a few moments, the flags will return. As far as I can tell, it is currently impossible to remove flags from multiple transactions at once.

Please advise.

• dg1
    dg1 Member
    Options

Thanks for moving my post to this thread. I didn't find it when I searched but I guess this issue has persisted for a long time.

For what it's worth, my work around is just to pick a color of flag to treat as "unflagged". In my case, I use the black flag to essentially mean "unflagged." The system does still allow you to change the flag to a different flag. So, instead of "unflagging" an item, I change it to a black flag. Eventually, if Simplifi ever fixes this, I can just go have it remove all of the black flags and all should be well.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dg1, thanks for posting!

Yes, as you can see from the above discussion, this is a known issue that has already been reported. I'll post back here as soon as an update is received. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Options

@dg1 good thought on the work around

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.