Why can't I download and install app on my PC?

Options
 Big Al
Big Al Member
edited March 2023 in Troubleshooting
How do I download app to my PC.  I do not want it on my phone.

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Big Al,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Since Simplifi is a cloud-based program, it doesn't come with software to install on your PC. Instead, you will access it via the Simplifi Mobile App on your mobile device, or via the Simplifi Web App on a web browser. 

https://www.quicken.com/simplifi/

With that said, as @RobWilk mentioned, there is a Chrome extension app that you can enable through the Chrome browser. This will allow you to install Simplifi as an app on your PC that can be accessed via a shortcut icon, however, this extension is still ran through the browser; it just allows you to access Simplifi without actually opening a browser page. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to app.simplifimoney.com and your browser may offer to create the web page as an app once you are signed in.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m interested in the idea of installing the Chrome Extension on my iPad, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to get it to install.  I do have Chrome installed on an iPad.

What I’ve tried:
    • I logged into app.simplifimoney.com in Chrome.  Nothing popped up and I couldn’t find a way to save a bookmark to the ‘desktop’.
    • Searched the forums.
    • I tried opening it in another browser (not Safari).
    Does anyone have reproducible steps?
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Although other users may come along with different results to share with you, my findings seem to indicate that the Simplifi Chrome extension may not be supported or available on a mobile browser. I don't have an iPad to test with, but when I perform a Google search for the extension from my mobile phone browser, the only thing I'm able to find is the actual Simplifi Mobile App to install. However, when searching for the extension from a web browser, I am able to locate, enable, and install the Chrome extension and open Simplifi in the separate app window outside of the browser.

With that said, you may consider performing a Google search from the Chrome mobile browser on your iPad to see what results you find (I searched "Simplifi Chrome extension"). I suspect you will just find the Simplifi Mobile App, though, unfortunately. Also, please note that since the extension app is for Chrome specifically, using other browsers won't work. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Flopbot I have the Chrome extension on my iPad.  It was one of those "the option to install it just popped up" kind of things!  It probably happened the first time I opened Simplifi in Chrome on my iPad instead of using the mobile app.  But it is possible to get the Chrome extension on your iPad.  One oddity I experience on the iPad has to do with logging in.  If the Chrome auto fill doesn't pop up when I tap in the Password field I can't access Simplifi since the iPad keyboard doesn't show up to allow entering credentials manually.  It's rare and random when this happens and I have to turn off and reboot my iPad and then the auto fill will work again.  
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.