Colored coded tracking bar added to Watchlists [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

TGP
TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

Those watch lists should have color coding tracking bar man :) starts green, and yellow in the middle maybe and red when you reach or exceed the goal.

23 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@TGP Great suggestion!

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, I hope that can be done/implemented :) Good luck guys, amazing product!
  • bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

My suggestion is to use a color with a non-negative connotation, such as blue to begin and then it transitions to green around the target. It should be noted that being over a watchlist target isn't a bad thing, if the target is "Charitable Donations" for instance. Also, everyone's threshold would be relative, which is why I like a "target zone" where the color only symbolizes that you're near the target.

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree @bowgy4 Very nice idea :)

• johnsexton
    johnsexton Member ✭✭

New to the app and it's amazing so far. It had a little bit of a learning curve though.

When exploring what the Watchlist could do for me, I was hoping that I would see how close I am to my targets more visually. The dollar amounts require me to read and do math. In addition to the dollar amounts, it would be great if the border and/or the blue shade of each watchlist would turn yellow as I pass a certain percentantage of my target spending, and then turn red if I exceed it. If I do a bad job managing my money I want it to let me know!

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@johnsexton Great idea!

• Watch list is useless as it is! SHOCKING that it was poorly done. App is worse than online. The way it is you have to slow down and look at the numbers and see for yourself if you are over or under. It should have some color system where you can easily spot which ones are over budget or close to. Should also have a +/-. Really poorly done and it is a deal breaker for me. Wanted something our young adult children could use to easily watch their spending by category.

• For watchlists, where you set a target limit for spending that month, it would be nice if you could just visually look at the page showing all watchlists and see the status by their color — for example, GREEN = Under budget YELLOW = "X" % of budget target (signaling that your'e getting close to going over budget) and RED = Over your target. The notifications are nice, but when I look at one, I'd like to look at them all w/o having to look at the details of each. Much easier to just get a visual color representation.

• The THIS MONTH amount or field should be of a different color (let's say: red) when exceeding the MONTHLY AVERAGE amount.