Improvement Suggestions

Options

I’ve been a Quicken user for well over 20 years. I want a cloud-based solution and have tried most of the solutions available. Simplifi seems to be the answer and here are a few things that would make it better: 1) When using the app on an iPad, it would be nice to have it available in horizontal mode. 2) When logging in via a browser (to use Simplifi in horizontal mode on my iPad), I always have to enter login credentials twice. Same on my computer. 3) I would like to remove/modify many of the Investment categories but am not allowed to do that.

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@blarson58 I appreciate your feedback and suggestion! Other members in our community have suggested a few of the ideas you have posted so I'm going to edit your post a bit! You know what they say, "great minds think alike!"

• dillonbrown
    dillonbrown Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

For transactions, I think having transfers get their base through the payee section of the transaction, because I would still like to put those transactions into a category. Because I like to track how I much I have left on loan accounts. So for example, I make a transaction to pay my car loan (which has its own account on my Simplifi) So the Payee would be the account that I set up, and then the category would be car loan so that I can track it in my spendable and other parts of the system.

(edited for readability)

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dillonbrown That's a good idea that would work well with the other improvements. We appreciate the suggestion!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @blarson58,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Upon reading through this, I think that most of this has been covered. In regards to the iPad supporting horizontal mode, we technically don't support iPad's with the Simplifi Mobile App, so I'd suggest adding your vote here for a native iPad App -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/581/please-create-a-native-ipad-app#latest

In regards to having to enter your login credentials twice, is this still occurring? If so, let's take a look at getting it reported as a bug. Additionally, it also looks like you can now edit and delete any of the Investment Categories.

With all of this being said, I'm looking to mark this Idea post as "Completed", unless I hear back from you otherwise.

Please let me know, thanks! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.