FDP-106 error with Venmo (edited)

Options
sandymikesell
sandymikesell Member
edited October 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

I have been able to connect to Venmo until a few days ago. Now, I'm getting a FDP-106 error. I deleted my account on Simplifi and tried to re-add it back. I'm getting the same error. I am able to log in to Venmo.com just fine.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sandymikesell,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Venmo in Simplifi.

Yes, it does appear that something's going on with Venmo, as we've had many users report the 106 error. We went ahead and created an Alert that can be followed for updates:

However, we would also like to escalate a few of these instances to help make our Service Provider aware of the issue. To do so, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. What type of account are you attempting to connect?
    4. Has there been any changes made on the bank's end or the sign-in process recently?
    5. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    6. A screenshot of the accounts summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and shows a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, feel free to send it via a DM to me here in the Community. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I also noticed this issue last week and still can’t reconnect. I just sent you the above info as well, @Coach Natalie.

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

It’s still not working for me, even though you marked it as resolved

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @abbiefaye,

Thanks for adding to this topic, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues connecting to Venmo in Simplifi.

According to our Service Provider, the known issue that the above-mentioned Alert was created for is now resolved. With that said, if the 106 error is still occurring, we'll need to start all over with some troubleshooting before moving forward with an escalation:

1. Reset the connection by following the steps here.
    2. If the issue persists, make the account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    3. Once the accounts are in the "Manual" accounts section, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to Venmo.
    4. If successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Unfortunately, none of this works. I'm getting these errors:

To connect to Venmo, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Venmo to ensure they are correct.
    Care Code: FDP-103

We are unable to update Venmo at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Simplifii support.
    Care Code: QCS-0429-2

I even completely removed the account and tried to add it again.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @abbiefaye,

Thanks for attempting the steps and posting back, and I apologize for the confusion — the above steps were for a 106 error specifically.

Since it looks like you're receiving a 103 error instead of the 106 error, please go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps posted here, which is in a new thread for the Venmo 103 errors. If the issue persists, you'll want to go ahead and post on that thread to let us know and to provide the information that was requested of the other user for an escalation (see here).

-Coach Natalie

• sandymikesell
    Options

Update: I was able to add a Venmo account but, as soon as I try to access it, I get the 103 error again.

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023
    Options

@sandymikesell, please follow the Alert for a 103 error with Venmo for updates on the known issue —

-Coach Natalie

• sandymikesell
    Options

Update: now getting error code QCS-0429-2

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023
    Options

@sandymikesell, the QCS-0429-2 is from too many failed attempts; this error requires 24 hours to clear.

We are still working with Venmo to resolve the ongoing issues and will be sure to update the Alert as soon as we have any news. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.