Rollover: Watchlist [edited]

jlkweb12
jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

Is there plans for a rollover budget on Spending Watchlist?

35 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Exactly @Coach Tappan
  • I would like this feature
  • David Lyons
    David Lyons Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    I also would like this feature.
  • emtbard
    emtbard Unconfirmed, Member
    Please consider adding a feature to allow carryovers from month to month for watchlists.  For example, if I have a watchlist called "Entertainment" and I have have a target of $400 but only spend $300 this month, my target for next month would automatically adjust to $500.  The opposite should also be true if I spend more in a given month that budgeted.  Thanks for considering this!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @emtbard,

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion to the Community!

I have gone ahead and merged your Idea post with an existing Idea post requesting rollover for Watchlists be implemented in Simplifi. Please be sure to add your vote here! :)

-Coach Natalie
  • davefreidel
    davefreidel Member
    edited August 2021
    Definitely do this... [removed] does it, and its the only feature I absolutely miss
  • Step
    Step Member
    Yes, please add the rollover feature.
  • smartcookie
    smartcookie Member
    edited February 2023
    Totally agree!  Please add the rollover feature, whether under or over planned spend.  [removed] has this feature and it's super helpful!
  • Please add this feature
  • +1 lack of this feature is the only reason I don't use simplifi. I keep checking in every few months hoping this has changed

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, rollover in the Spending Plan would be the priority over rollover in watchlists.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Debbied
    Debbied Member

rollover for spending plan!! I am considering a different program due to the lack of this feature

• emilywherever
    emilywherever Unconfirmed, Member

I want to add my support for a rollover of my spending plan. I am really liking Simplifi so far, but I am also somewhat curious how it could possibly be an effective tool for tracking spending without that rollover feature?

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @emilywherever here is a prolonged discussion responding to questions about rollover feature in the Spending Plan.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie

Since this Idea post is for rollover abilities in Watchlists specifically, if you'd like to see this ability for the Spending Plan instead, you'll want to add your vote and feedback to the applicable Idea post:

-Coach Natalie

• please add rollover feature by category

• Just switched over from using Mint - I am enjoying Simplifi so far and really like all the features. Adding this feature would turn this into a top tier product for me and reduce a lot of mental overhead and excel spreadsheet tracking that I'd prefer to not have to do

• I would also like to upvote the budget “rollover” feature as described in the comments above. Thanks!

• This features seems incredibly useful and simple, so would love to see it added to Simplifi!

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone, this request is for rollover in Watchlists. If you're looking for rollover in the Spending Plan, please navigate here:

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Actually, rollover in a watchlist doesn't make sense. I say this because the Watchlist isn't really an active budgeting feature as far as I can tell. It is a tracking feature and works well as such, but, again, as far as I can tell there is no actual "budgeting" action being taken in the Watchlist.

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I agree the rollover on planned spending makes more sense. I agree with @DannyB.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• I would like a rollover option; it's easier to think about setting aside, say, $100 per month for car insurance rather than my entire monthly budget going to hell in the month that I pay it.