Have Watchlists reflect pending Recurring Bills (edited)

Options
jforjette
jforjette Unconfirmed, Member
edited October 2022 in Feature Requests

I would like to use Watch Lists as a metric for guiding my spending for that Category but because Watch Lists don't account for pending Recurring Bills for that Category I can't rely on Watchlists as a guide.

For example, if I have a Watch List for Entertainment that shows that I have spent $400 of a $500 target for this month but I have a $100 Bill that is categorized as Entertainment that will charge later in the month, from the Watchlist I think that I have $100 left to spend on Entertainment but because of the pending Bill that Simplifi knows about I actually don't have anything left to spend on entertainment and I should adjust my spending accordingly.

In other words, shouldn't Watch Lists take into account upcoming Bills for the Category that the Watch List is watching? I am trying to use Watch Lists as an indicator of what how much more I can spend on a Category, but first I have to manually go through my Bills and account for anything that hasn't charged yet. This defeats the purpose of a Watch List because I can't count on it being a reliable metric for how to guide my spending without getting out a calculator and manually searching through my monthly Bills.

Are there any options or future plans for having Watch Lists reflect pending Bills for that month. If not how am I supposed to reconcile the two without manual searches and calculations?

Thanks!
joe

2 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Upcoming Reminders are now included in Watchlist calculations!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jforjette,

Thank you for posting this to the Community! This would be a great enhancement for Simplifi's Watchlist feature, so I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it! Please be sure to add your vote as well!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @jforjette & All,

Great news -- upcoming Reminders are now included in Watchlists calculations! You can learn more about Watchlist calculations in our Support Article here

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.