Add a credit score (2 Merged Votes)

jeffzacharias
jeffzacharias Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 15 in Feature Requests

Please add a FICO credit score

Tagged:
58 votes

Completed · Last Updated

A Credit Score feature is now available in Early Access on the Web App, and will soon be available on the Mobile App and live for everyone.

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@jaffzacharias Thanks! I'm surprised that this hasn't come up here before! I'm guessing that it shouldn't be all that difficult to implement, since the information is readily available to certified financial institutions. Of course, since it's Simplifi, we'd want it to be pretty and fun, with clear explanations of what the score does, and doesn't tell users.

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Credit Score Monitoring would be a nice feature to add.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2020

Hello @TGP,

Thanks for posting this feature request! I have gone ahead and made this an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

• MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed but I have it elsewhere too
  • I recently switched to Simplifi from Mint and being able to monitor my credit score is one of the features I miss having

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have my "credit score" so many places for free: just about every bank/credit card i have offers it free, credit karma, credit sesame, experian has a free credit score, possibly other credit agencies. The thing is there are different credit scores, and the free ones (*except experian) often only give a vantage score which may differ wildly from the various fico scores, for example. But there is no shortage of free credit score sources.

Rob Wilkens

• jay999
    jay999 Member

A credit score feature is definitely needed. The ability to see your scores history as well as a "what's changed" section for up-to-date changes that have affected your score this month.

• Beltifi
    Beltifi Member ✭✭

Former Mint user, please add some type of credit score system. It doesn’t have to be FICO. I use that to monitor any alerts regarding company accessing my credit.

• Another former Mint user that has come on board, I would also appreciate some ability to check credit score and score history for at least the last month if possible

• A happy Mint deserter here…please add credit score.

• Dave L
    Dave L Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023

Up voting (and former Mint users). Seems like a table stakes feature for a personal finance app.

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭

+1 upvote on this.

That's one thing I always looked at every time I opened Mint, and now I am missing that.

Hopefully some of thee features that were talked about years ago will start getting added.

• Upvoting as a previous Mint user as well. Although I can access it elsewhere, I would much prefer it be a part of my now go to financial dashboard in Simplifi

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member

Also upvoting this. Many budgeting apps not only track credit scores, but also track credit usage, new accounts and so forth. Some even provide notifications if the credit info doesn't match the account tracking info. Knowing that sometimye isn't opening fraudulent accounts under my name is extremely useful.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed this request specifically wants the FICO credit score. I just checked, and one site (myFico) offers Fico credit scores for $29.95/month. So, my question is, would most of us be willing to pay an extra $30x12=$360 a year to get a real fico score here? I personally wouldn't, but "in theory," I like the idea of Fico scores here.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I also would not like to have to pay an extra $360 per year to get a FICO score here. I can view that score through Wells Fargo and PNC. Having said that, the idea of a one stop view of my financial life is neat. Just not $360 a year neat.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• As a former mint user I also would like to see a free credit score monitoring. I can get them for free by going to the 3 credit monitoring sites but it would be sure nice to have it in one place like mint did.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If I want 3-bureau monitoring from Experian, for example, it's $24.99+tax/month … It's not free. It's also not always fico scores (depends on the bureau).

What mint was doing (like their successor, creditkarma does) is sell your information and sell you high interest rate credit cards, though I get that most of us have given up on privacy.

For example, the best offers i'm seeing on credit karma right now are 31%+ interest rates, but all of my cards are at least 5% less than that, including a new one which is under 18% (which i didn't get off credit karma).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• On the same boat with other ex-Mint users here. Monitoring credit score is absolutely needed. In fact Mint for me was not just about checking a credit score, but also about an active monitoring of any credit related changes. I was getting emails from Mint that a new account appeared on my credit faster than emails from identity theft monitoring services (that I paid for). This was extremely useful,

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not just use CreditKarma or Credit Sesame or one of the bureaus to monitor your credit report? Is there any advantage to everything being on one website? Usually a product that is a jack of all trades (does everything) usually doesn't do any one of those things well.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I have credit karma for my credit score and such score is also present at banks I use. I am OK with Simplifi adding it for convenience, but not a must for me.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23

First, I don't want Simplifi to become a marketing platform for other financial (or whatever) services. I what Simplifi to be my personal financial planning and management tool.

Second, all my banks monitor my credit score as well as my free account with Experian that sends me routine updates on my credit score and any activity that shows up related to mine and my spouses accounts. As @RobWilk points out all these reporting institutions show me a different score on any given day with the same info. And… wouldn't you know it, I quickly found that one of the banks I have an account with shows a consistently higher score than the others… so guess what, the one I check with most often is the one that gives me the highest score! 😁

Third, IMHO, having one more company pulling a credit score for me is frivolous at best and one more opportunity for a security breach at worst. I'd rather my subscription payment go toward features that actually improve the performance and versatility of Simplifi then to go towards giving me redundant information that is readily available to me in many other places.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 24

Hey everyone, a credit score feature is in the works and will soon be available in Quicken Simplifi! Please keep an eye on Updates From the Product Team for this feature to be announced, as well as continue to follow along here for updates.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.