Manually adding account doesn’t offer ‘Investment’ as type of account [edited]

Wooloomooloo2
Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
At the moment, manual accounts can be added as Banking, Loan, Credit or 'Asset'. I initially chose the latter to enter my brokerage and 401(k) balances but then they are summarized under Property and Debt. If you put under "other banking" they're added to the headline figure of 'banking' on the app, which is really misleading as generally that should refer to available cash.

Can you add Investment as a manual category please?
0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This option is now offered in Simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@Wooloomooloo2 We currently have disabled the ability to add manual investment accounts into Simplifi. https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/334/manual-investment-accounts-will-be-disabled#latest

• jasondmcgee
    jasondmcgee Member ✭✭

When manually adding an account, I do not have the option to add it as an investment account under ‘Account Type’. Instead I have to add it as an ‘Other Banking’ account. This causes it not to be listed with other investment accounts.
    Background: After adding my Prudential Investment account, it began prompting for a MFA code every time I open the app. Therefore, I have resorted to adding it as a manual account, but without the ‘Investment’ account type, it won’t list it with the other investment accounts on the Investing Balance Card of the mobile app home page.

Thanks!
    Jason
  • jasondmcgee
    jasondmcgee Member ✭✭

Moderators: Please close this- just realized this was submitted by another user in February and a comment on that post states that ‘Investment’ type is temporarily removed. Sorry for dup.

Thanks!
    Jason
  • Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@jasondmcgee No worries :) We should have it available pretty soon. Our product development team is still working some things out with it.

This discussion has been closed.