Upcoming "widget" on dashboard shows more upcoming transactions that the actual Upcoming page

kevinponeill
kevinponeill Member
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

In the Upcoming "widget" on the dashboard, I can scroll through transactions scheduled out over the next 6 weeks (currently shows upcoming transactions through 11/25). However, if I click the SEE ALL UPCOMING button in the widget, the actual Upcoming page lists only 3 of those upcoming transactions, though only 11/2. This seems backward to me, as the dashboard should provide a snapshot, whereas the actual pages should include MORE information than their widgets on the dashboard -- not LESS. Am I wrong?

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The Upcoming Dashboard card and Upcoming section display the same Reminders!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2020

Hello @kevinponeill,

Thanks for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this behavior on my end. I see that when clicking on "SEE ALL UPCOMING" from the Upcoming widget on the Dashboard, I am redirected to the Upcoming tab, which displays more reminders than what I saw displayed in the widget.

With that being said, I'd like to focus on what you're seeing in the Upcoming tab. Would you mind navigating directly to the Upcoming tab in the left-hand bar and letting us know what's displayed here? Please also let us know how this information correlates with the information that's displayed when navigating to Settings>Recurring in the left-hand bar, i.e. how many Recurring Series do you have set up?

You may consider uploading screenshots, with personal information redacted, so that I can get a better picture of what's going on. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

• @Coach Natalie said:
    Hello @kevinponeill,

Thanks for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this behavior on my end. I see that when clicking on "SEE ALL UPCOMING" from the Upcoming widget on the Dashboard, I am redirected to the Upcoming tab, which displays more reminders than what I saw displayed in the widget.

With that being said, I'd like to focus on what you're seeing in the Upcoming tab. Would you mind navigating directly to the Upcoming tab in the left-hand bar and letting us know what's displayed here? Please also let us know how this information correlates with the information that's displayed when navigating to Settings>Recurring in the left-hand bar, i.e. how many Recurring Series do you have set up?

You may consider uploading screenshots, with personal information redacted, so that I can get a better picture of what's going on. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

Hello Natalie.

I've attached two screenshots, one of the Upcoming widget (which I've scrolled all the way to the right to include the transaction furthest out in time) and one of the full Upcoming tab. As you can see, I can scroll through the widget to see upcoming transactions through late November; however, when I go to the Upcoming tab -- either directly or by click on the "SEE ALL UPCOMING" button in the widget (makes no difference), I see only three upcoming transactions listed (through Nov 2nd). I would expect to see at least the ones in the widget on the full tab page, but that isn't the case. I checked Settings > Recurring, and all of my recurring (future) transactions are listed and accurate (as they also are in the widget). They're just not showing past Nov 2nd in the Upcoming tab for some reason.

Upcoming widget

Upcoming tab

• Coach Natalie

Hello @kevinponeill,

Thank you for providing this additional information, as well as the screenshots!

Based on your screenshots, I think I know what's going on here. The Upcoming tab is designed to just display the next 4 weeks' worth of reminders, so anything past that time would not be displayed here. The Upcoming widget, on the other hand, does not have this limitation in place.

I do understand where you're coming from, however. You may consider creating an Idea post outlining the specific changes you'd like to see in this area of the program, so that other Users can vote on it, and so that our Product Team can review it.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community/p1?new=1

If you'd prefer, I can turn this post into the Idea post instead. Just let me know! :smile:

Thanks!

Coach Natalie

• Thanks, Natalie. That's what I was getting at -- to me, it seems "backwards" as-is. I would expect to see more info in the full tab, as opposed to a widget, which is what widgets are for -- limited-info snapshots. Please feel free to turn my post into an idea post!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2020

Hello @kevinponeill,

Thanks for clarifying!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post; please be sure to add your vote! :wink:

-Coach Natalie

• Thank you!
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @kevinponeill & All,

When reviewing this request, it looks like the Upcoming Dashboard card matches the Upcoming section exactly — my Reminders in both areas go through May 15th and stop there. With that said, is anyone who wants this change seeing anything different? If not, I am looking to mark this Idea as 'Completed'.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.