Yearly Recurring Expenses in Planned Spending (or other options besides Monthly) [edited]

chanceryder25
chanceryder25 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 10 in Feature Requests

Hey so I just want to say that I LOVE the new "planned spending" feature. That did it for me and finally made Simplify something I can see myself using long-term for budgeting purposes. This was a much-needed and much-appreciated feature, so thank you!

One suggestion I have for that new feature is to include other options besides just "monthly" and "one-time." Things like veterinary expenses, car maintenance, etc. are things we need to plan for but which don't happen every month. And it would be annoying to have to re-create those planned expenses every year. We know they're going to happen every year so this would allow us to plan for them.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @chanceryder25,

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community to share your feedback regarding Planned Spending!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Moderator admin
    edited September 30
    If you'd like to see this ability added to Simplifi, please be sure to navigate to the first post in this thread and add your vote!
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭
    I would also like to see this feature.  I itemize my paycheck so that I can track various deductions (e.g., health insurance, investments, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.).  I have added those deductions as a monthly Planned Expenses so that I know what I am truly left over with for any given month.

However, I'm paid every two weeks, which means that 2 months out of the year (when there are 3 paychecks), my Spending Plan is skewed because those paycheck deductions aren't incorporated into the planned spending accurately.