Stifel balance issues continued

fredct
fredct Member ✭✭

I just wanted to follow up on the Stifel balance issue thread, which has been closed:

The issue is still happening and I’ve realized a bit more about why, so I went and opened up a new ticket with support and we’ll see what happens.

The problem appears to be that one screen on the Stifel webpage gives a choice of “account total” or “available balance” among other choices. Simplifi is pulling in the “available balance” amount which would be correct for a bank and many other places, but what Stifel means by it is available cash with which you can buy shares.

Simplifi needs to use the “account total” field instead. I just opened up the new ticket a couple days ago, so we’ll see.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@fredct, thanks for letting us know!

The balance mismatch with Stifel Wealth Tracker has already been escalated and we put an Alert up that can be followed for updates on this known issue:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭

I just saw that after I submitted this. Hopefully this might add a little detail on what’s going wrong.

Also I JUST happened to notice something, which is that I use another app that has the same exact problem with Stifel - that is, only showing the cash balance. So I’m going to guess that Simplifi uses some sort of 3rd party service here. Hoping that when this is fixed, it’ll fix the other one too :)

This discussion has been closed.