Balance Issues with Stifel Wealth Tracker (edited)

Options
JG888
JG888 Member
edited April 22 in Feedback

hi, new user at Simplifi, came from Mint, and so far no complaints other than no connectivity with Stifel wealth tracker. Mint had this connectivity and was wondering about any update?

Also, is there any type of integration from simplify to upgrade to quicken classic? I am considering that move.

thanks….

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JG888

For the Stifel issues can be also posted here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/report-missing-financial-institutions

Quicken Classic and Quicken Simplifi are two separate products. Quicken Classic is not an upgraded Quicken Simplifi, these are two different animals all around.

Never having used Mint but based on what I saw when I looked at it and on what I read here in this forum, I think Quicken Classic would be more familiar to a former Mint user though I believe Q-Classic will be more robust than Mint was.

If you are looking for a less complex but powerful tool for day-to-day personal finance management Quicken Simplifi is it.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JG888

I was just pursuing Stifel's website. Is Stifel an actual banking or investment institution? I was perusing Stifel Wealth Tracker's website and this looks a lot like what Personal Captial (now Empower) offers. If your actual banking and investment accounts are not held at Stifel, I don't think you will be able to link to them in Simplifi. Instead you will need to connect with the actual institutions where your actual funds are held. For me, I use Personal Capital is an aggregator of my assets and liabilities and I use their investment management service but my actual investment accounts are held at BNY | Mellon Pershing.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • JG888
    Options

Stifel is an investment institution. It is where some of my funds and holdings are located. It's like Fidelity or Schwab. It is not an aggregator.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@JG888, please be sure to add your vote here for Stifel Investments:

We also have a request here for the ability to migrate Quicken Simplifi data to Quicken Classic:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• JG888
    Options

Would like to see Stifel Investments added just as Mint has it.

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

not sure if it’s brand new, but I found Stifle Wealth Tracker in the list and I was able to connect. Only problem is the balances are way low (specifically the balance shown on Simplifi is only the amount of cash in each account, it’s not counting then investments.

Anyone else?

• JG888
    Options

On Simplifi my Stifel account only reflects the cash balance, not any of my positions or transactions.
    Wish they would remedy that.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, please be sure to provide more details on the issue you're experiencing, such as:

1. What type of account the issue is occurring with in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. Which balance is incorrect (the balance in the Accounts List or in the Investments Portfolio — see here for more details)?
    3. What specific holdings are missing/incorrect compared to the bank's website?
    4. Can you click on the URL from within Quicken Simplifi and sign into your account on the bank's website from that link?

@JG888, are you also able to add the account using the "Stifel Wealth Tracker" option, but see incorrect holdings/balance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• JG888
    Options

Hi, the Stifel Wealth tracker on Simplify only reflects the cash balance of the account and not any positions in the account.

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭
    Options

I just escalated this through a chat too. I did the reconnect etc at their direction and no difference. It’s definitely an issue. Glad others are seeing it too (that it’s not just me).

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@fredct, it looks like this was escalated for you from your interaction with Chat Support so that agent will be back in touch as soon as there's an update.

@JG888, we can certainly add you to the ticket as well, but do need the following info first:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts and balances when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• abcdef
    abcdef Member
    Options

Glad (or maybe not glad) others are having the same problem. I also started a ticket with the support chat about my Stifel account. As others have stated when you transfer funds from a checking account to the Stifel investment account it shows the cash amount, but doesn't show any investment holdings. I have both IRA and taxable accounts and its the same for both. Furthermore it doesn't show any transactions at all. example I just transferred some cash to my Stifel account. I see the amount in the balances tab on Simplifi but no transaction for it.

• abcdef
    abcdef Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie any update on when this issue will be resolved?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@abcdef, thanks for reaching out!

It looks like the issue has been resolved for @fredct, though I'm not sure if a global resolution was applied. Are you still seeing an issue?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

Natalie,

I never heard back about any solution so I just checked and it’s NOT resolved for me either.

All day today though, when I try to connect, I get an FDP-3000 error, so I can’t say what would happen if the connection worked, but my balance has never updated.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@fredct, I'm sorry to hear that!

I'd suggest responding back to the original chat for this issue to let them know that it's still happening so they can reopen the ticket.

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

I’m told it’s still being worked. Do you see differently? (See image)

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭
    Options

Not for the better…

I got a message to try again and see if it was fixed… but ever since, the account won’t connect at all. I get the MFA passcode but it doesn’t refresh.

• jtribble
    jtribble Member
    Options

I'm having this issue as well. @Coach Natalie has there been any update?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jtribble, thanks for the inquiry!

It looks like the ticket is still open, however, they are waiting for a reply from @fredct. Have you also reported the issue you're seeing to our Support Team?

-Coach Natalie

• jtribble
    jtribble Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie I typed in a question but got a bot response.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jtribble, you'd want to select "speak to an agent" (I believe that's how it's worded, or something very similar).

Let us know what ends up happening in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.