Optum FPD-103 error

System
System Administrator admin

Comments

• I have the same issue. I deleted my account and added it again. I got the error message: FPD-103. It used to work before.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@WendyQuick, thanks for reaching out!

To troubleshoot an FDP-103 (invalid credentials) error, please follow these steps:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• drewcollard
    drewcollard Member ✭✭
    edited June 25

Please see above!

• Coach Natalie

@drewcollard, thank you! I went ahead and passed this message along.

For anyone experiencing an FDP-103 error with Optum, please follow our Alert for updates, as we have already escalated the issue from our end:

-Coach Natalie

• LakGoy
    LakGoy Member
    edited July 2

Hi,

I am trying to reconnect my Optum Financial account but it keeps failing with the 106 error. I tried the steps recommended on the other threads for making my accounts manual, and then reconnecting. However I still get the 106 error when I try to add as a new account. Could you please help with this issue?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @LakGoy,

Thanks for reaching out! You may receive this error if an account name or number changes at your bank or if an account is closed. Most users would experience this message if they have replaced their credit card due to being lost or stolen. I would have you try resetting the connection for the account:

1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Financial Institution that's receiving the error and select the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Reset connection and then click Reset.
    5. Enter your credentials, then click Connect. 
    6. Once your accounts are presented, select the Link option to the right of each account.
    7. Click Link To and select the matching account.
    8. Click Complete when done.

Let us know if that works for you!

-Coach Jon

• trinhm838
    trinhm838 Member

I am not able to connect to Optum through Quicken but with error FDP-101. is this related?

• Brian Montague
    Brian Montague Member

I am having the 103 error as well. Is there a way to flag to be notified if/when it is resolved?

Brian

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone, please go ahead and follow our Alert for Optum for updates on this known issue:

I'd say that since Optum indicates they no longer support connectivity for third-party apps, any errors that come through are all part of the same issue. As we investigate this issue and Optum's claim that they removed support, we will keep the Alert updated accordingly.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to resolve this matter!

-Coach Natalie

• jcelso6232
    jcelso6232 Member
    edited July 3

Hi Coach Jon. I am having the same issue. The problem is I’m getting 2FA text messages sent, but no where to enter them within the app. So the signing in times out and then I get a FDP-101 error. Who made the change to require 2FA anyways? Quicken or Optum? I never had to do that before. Also, there seems to be many posts in this forum related to Optum Financial (and Banking) connection issues. Is this already being worked on?

• jcelso6232
    jcelso6232 Member

thank you @drewcollard ! Unfortunately, this is embarrassing for Optum. Aggregators are a great service. We are all concerned with security, but to just flat out deny service is too much in 2024.

• jcelso6232
    jcelso6232 Member

never mind. I found out that Optum has ceased providing information to any and all aggregators like Simplifi as a matter of policy.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @jcelso6232,

Thanks for reaching out! We do currently have a known issue affecting Optum Financial at this time as indicated by @Coach Natalie

Go ahead and follow the alert, as we will keep it updated going forward.

-Coach Jon

• Sstrico
    Sstrico Member ✭✭✭✭

I contacted Optum, telling them that other financial institutions work just fine with Simplifi using MFA so there is no reason Optum can't. Optum requiring MFA should not be an impediment to using 3rd party financial aggregators, they are just choosing not to invest the energy to develop a connection to aggregators that can handle MFA. The response I received back was just a restatement of their new policy. Frustrating.

• Simply Will
    Simply Will Member

Yeah, in 2024, this is ridiculous! If major financial institutions can support (strangely, they are connected to Betterment and they support) sharing data with aggregators, why cannot Optum?? Terrible customer service and if it wasn't an employment directed account, I would close it and move it elsewhere.

• simplira
    simplira Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie i don’t have access to see the post. Can you please fix that.

• Coach Natalie

@simplira, I'm assuming you're referring to the Alert that's linked into the comment you shared. If so, the Alert has been marked as resolved and was archived, as Optum has removed access to third-party aggregators. Here's a screenshot of the "resolved" comment:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.