Marking Accounts as Closed (edited) (30 Merged Votes)

2»

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All,

Our Team has made this a high priority and is working to implement it as quickly as possible. Stay tuned for more details! :wink:

-Coach Natalie

• bleen
    bleen Member ✭✭

Not only is this needed for all the reasons already started but in my case (closing one of two checking accounts with my bank) the closed account appears with it's previous value (since simplifi can't download it's final transactions) as well as an exclamation point indicating an error.

New feature can't come soon enough...

• chanceryder25
    chanceryder25 Member ✭✭✭✭

Glad to see that this has been marked high-priority from the dev team. Any idea when it will be implemented?

• Coach Natalie

Hello @chanceryder25,

Thanks for the inquiry! Our Product Team is hoping to have this available in about 2 weeks! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

• jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie , any update on this. I cannot see this feature yet.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @jlkweb12,

Sorry for the delay -- this got pushed out a bit due to our Team being hard at work on the Refund Tracker. Now that the Refund Tracker is implemented, this should be the next upcoming feature. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie, any update on this?
  • jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is no longer on the priority list.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jlkweb12,

Sorry for the delay, but you can expect to see this in the next couple of weeks! :wink:  

-Coach Natalie
  • cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, checking in to see if there's been progress on this feature? I just had to close my accounts with Simple (the bank, ironically with a similar name) because they're shutting down so now I've got two accounts with $0 balances I'd like to hide from the list but keep the historical data. Been a little while since the last update on this :)
  • jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie, any update on this one?

Numbers are all off because I cant hide accounts once they are no longer being used. Also get connection errors for closed accounts. Basically this is a bug and it seems like this is no longer a priority.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jlkweb12,

Thanks for the inquiry! 

This is still in the works, although I don't have an ETA on when we can expect to see it, at this time. I have an account that I've been anxiously awaiting the ability to close in Simplifi as well, so I understand where you're coming from. 

Hopefully we will see this very soon! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • bleen
    bleen Member ✭✭
    define "very soon"
  • oscarch
    oscarch Member
    Hoping to see this feature this month...
  • jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie, any update?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jlkweb12,

I apologize for the delay; I'm not sure what's taking them so long to implement this. I've been anxiously awaiting this ability as well, as I recently closed one of my credit card accounts, and would like to close it in Simplifi. 

We have been asking the Product Team about this pretty regularly, and the last I heard is that we can expect to see this in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  •  any update on this?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

As the ability to close accounts is soon coming to Simplifi, this Idea post has been edited to exclude the request for the ability to hide accounts. Instead, for the ability to hide accounts, please add your votes here -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1596/hide-accounts#latest

Thanks, everyone! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • JChaps
    JChaps Member
    Can you explain how closing accounts will operate?
    * Will closed accounts no longer attempt to retrieve new transactions?
    * Will closed accounts continue to show in the accounts list?
    * Will closed accounts continue to show in reports and “all transactions” history?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @JChaps,

Thanks for the inquiry!

As far as I'm aware, when marking an account as closed, it will disconnect it from the bank so that you're not receiving a connection error, and will also zero out the balance. The accounts will remain in the Accounts List, and the data will continue to be pulled into Reports, as well as display in your transaction history.

We will also be adding the ability to ignore accounts from Reports, so if you have a closed account that you'd like to have excluded from Reports, this ability will soon be available.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

Great news -- the ability to mark accounts as closed is now available in Simplifi!

You can accomplish this by navigating to Settings>Accounts, clicking on the three dots at the end of an account (or institution), and selecting "Mark as closed". 

Please let me know if anyone has any questions! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hurray! Done! But is there a way for the accounts not to show up in the dashboard? They currently show in italics in the account overview of the Dashboard.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jorder,

Agreed -- hooray! :smiley:

Unfortunately, marking an account as closed does not hide it from the list, however, if you'd like to see this ability added to Simplifi, I'd suggest adding your vote here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1596/hide-accounts#latest

-Coach Natalie
  • jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks - done! But wasn't the whole point of marking an account closed so it doesn't show in the main view? ;-) 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jorder,

It would make sense to, or to at least have the option, but the main purpose of marking an account as closed is so the account isn't sitting in an error state, as Simplifi is no longer able to connect to it. The only other option would be to delete the account, but that would lose the data. Hopefully we add the ability to hide accounts soon as well!

Please let me know if you have any further questions! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    jorder said:
    Thanks - done! But wasn't the whole point of marking an account closed so it doesn't show in the main view? ;-) 

Lol, yes! Otherwise, I don't know what the point of this feature is, since a closed account wouldn't sync anyway. I guess you get rid of an "error" message next to the account name, but you still have a dashboard that displays zero-balance unused accounts. That other financial aggregator that rhymes with Lint handles closed accounts correctly. Even P. Capital italicizes the account for 90 days following closing before automatically hiding it from the dashboard. Hopefully this half-measure is completed soon.
  • oscarch
    oscarch Member
    Close and hide, that's the point.
This discussion has been closed.