Thrift Savings Plan - Display Lifecycle and Individual Holdings in Investments Portfolio Tab

Hackstar18
Hackstar18 Member
edited July 19 in Investments

One of the biggest frustrations with the federal Thrift Savings Plan/TSP is that until the last year or so, Quicken and all of the big financial aggreators did not seem to provide good or any support to displaying balances in these accounts. Simplifi fortunately at least seems to do a good stable job of supporting regular balance updates and historical tracking, but I wish the Investments screens itself there was a way to see the actual fund holdings and amounts held for them. My guess is part of the difficulty on this is that the funds do not have common stock market symbols that can be tracked but since the holdings are essentially mutual funds, regular end of day pulls when the accounts update are the only thing that should be necessary.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Hackstar18,

We went ahead and turned your idea post into a discussion, as we are unsure what you are wanting specifically within the Investments tab. Can you go into more detail about this idea? Especially since Holdings can be found in the Portfolio section of the Investments tab already.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Hackstar18
    Hackstar18 Member

For my other portfolio I sync it does, but the federal TSP never has. Granted this has always been an issue with desktop Quicken, Mint, etc. and I've always read that the TSP board is stringent about allowing any data to be externally exportable, but it would seem if balance can be pulled and made available now then somehow the holdings can.

Below shows what I mean. The first image shows what my toolbar looks like with all of the account summaries. The Thrift Savings Plan is there and displays a balance which I periodically verify that it does updating correctly each night to the right amount.

But, when you actually click the account and go to the portfolio tab, you get a blank showing $0 market value and a display of no holdings in account.

Clearly there is a disconnect somewhere, my hope though is somewhat the actual holdings can be pulled in for display and reference.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Hackstar18,

Thanks for the reply! No need to turn this into an idea post in this case, as it looks like we are already aware of and working on a fix for this known issue in Quicken Simplifi.

We do thank you for your patience in this matter!

-Coach Jon

• Coach Jon

Hello @Hackstar18,

We found an existing ticket that seems to be for the same issue. A fix for the issue is currently awaiting implementation! We will follow up with you once the fix is implemented to verify if it's working properly for you at that time.

Thanks for your patience!

-Coach Jon

CTP-9412