Missing transactions

rcrook1254
rcrook1254 Member
edited September 20 in Report a Bug

Visa payments and transfers shows up in main transaction list, but if you look in monthly spending they don't show. It will show say $400 spent for that month and in reality it should be double that. I have no confidence in this software.

Last week Quicken simplify decided to randomly mark a ton of transactions, exclude from spending plan and reports.

I thought maybe Monarch might be better but looking @ some reddit posts, its has its own set of demons.

[removed - no soliciting] I miss Mint!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Transfers and credit card payments are excluded from the spending plan and reports by default. Simplifi is configured for the user to connect the credit card and then the expenses are tracked via the charges on the card. If the user pays off the card balance using a transfer or credit card payment AND tracks the expenses using a credit card account, counting the transfer/payment as an expense double counts the spending. The transfer comes from a checking account usually to the credit card account.

I used Mint before and sometimes tracked credit card payments as expenses but only when the actual card was not connected in Mint or the card account was excluded from reports to avoid expense doublecounting.

More detail here

How Credit Card Payments and Transfers Are Handled in the Spending Plan on the Mobile App | Quicken Simplifi Help Center (simplifimoney.com)

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

This discussion has been closed.