Transfers not showing up in the Spending Plan

Kseniya
Kseniya Member
edited August 23 in Report a Bug

Transfers are not showing in the spending plan even when the appropriate checkbox is cleared.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 23

@Kseniya, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm not personally seeing any issues with Transfers showing up in my Spending Plan. When you say that they're not showing up, does that mean you don't see them at all, or they're not being included/excluded in the Spending Plan calculations according to your exclusion settings? If the former, where are you attempting to locate the Transfers in the Spending Plan? Also, are you referring to Recurring Transfers or individual transfer transactions? Perhaps providing some screenshots will help clarify the issue.

Our support article here goes over Transfers in the Spending Plan: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5142302-how-credit-card-payments-and-transfers-are-handled-in-the-spending-plan

The more info you provide will allow the Community to best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

I had a lengthy chat with a live rep on this yesterday with screen sharing - thoroughly documented. Do those transcripts reach you when ongoing issues are identified?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you looking in spending plan under income after bills in the transfers bucket? Are you aware transfers don't affect the spending plan numbers unless you hide/unhide only one side (money in or money out).

Rob Wilkens

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

Yes, I am aware of the nuances. I spent a good amount of time screen sharing this issue... or an issue adjacent to this... with one of your agents and he acknowledged there is a bug.

I've tried editing the transfer in terms of clearing or checking all the boxes that control exclusions. The edits don't update into the spending plan.

I have tried deleting the transfer and recreating it with a different description and different amount, no luck.

In the spending plan, under transfers, when I turn on the option to view what's hidden, I can see my transfer and it's grayed out. So I know it's landing in the transfers section.

Some older transfers with the same configuration do show up correctly.

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member
    edited August 24

I spent a long time screen sharing with a support agent on this.

I'm aware of the checkboxes, yes. I can see that the transfer is showing up in the right place, under transactions in spending plan, when I turn on the option to see what's hidden.

I have tried the checkboxes in every configuration. I have tried deleting the transfer and recreating with different amounts and names.

An older transfers with the same set up is behaving correctly.

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

In Spending Plan, with hidden items shown, I can edit this month's insurance of the transfer and put the checkboxes into the correct configuration and it stops being grayed out.

But the same doesn't work when edited the series.

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

The best way I was able to see the issue is ...

Look at the spending plan under transfers.

Turn on the option to show hidden transactions.

That shows me my transfers, money in on one line, money out on a second line. Both are grayed out.

I edit the transfer and clear the checkbox for money out. Update. No improvement.

I repeat the process, this time checking all the boxes. Then I go back into edit and clear the money out spending plan checkbox. No improvement.

I delete the transfer and recreate it with a new name. Same behavior. I've tried this endlessly in every permutation, including with your support agent watching and guiding over screen share.

Some older transfers with the same exact sweet up show up correctly.

• Coach Natalie

@Kseniya, thanks for the additional insight!

It sounds like you're experiencing this known issue:

Until this known issue is resolved, you can manually edit each Reminder to be included/excluded in the Spending Plan to your preference. Otherwise, you can follow the Alert for updates, inlcuding when a resolution has been implemented.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

Thanks. Glad it's a diagnosed issue and they are working on it. For now, I replaced the transfer series with two series, one for money in and another for money out. That has solved the issue for now.

• Jas
    Jas Member ✭✭
    edited September 2

Having the same issue. I have recurring credit card payments setup. I unchecked both "Exclude from" boxes when setting the series up. Per the post regarding how transfers and credit card payments are handled, I should be able to do that and they'll sup up in the "Transfer" section of the Spending Plan. I do see one CC payment in there, but I have 4 others that aren't appearing.

• Jas
    Jas Member ✭✭
    edited September 2

Except they're not showing up as reminders. I have 5 recurring CC payments setup. I only see one in the "Transfer" section of the Spending Plan. The others are only found in Settings > All Recurring > Transfers. All "Exclude from" boxes are unchecked on all of them but can only see one in spending plan. Editing individual reminders doesn't appear to be an option for me.

• Coach Natalie

@Jas, thanks for posting on this topic!

You can edit an individual Reminder from the Spending Plan directly:

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie