Customizable Columns in Reports/Include 'Notes' Column (edited)

2»

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭

At the moment, I would guess that implementing rollover functionality is taking the majority of the priority work.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• I just talked with support about this and they said that it is not possible at this time but to post it.

When I am entering editing my transactions from the transaction screen or from within the individual accounts there is a little gear that lets me customize my view so that I can see the columns that are important for me. This is a great feature, which allows me to use the notes field. However, when I use the reports tab, which I have to use every month, there is no option to customize the columns that I see. I am locked to seeing the tags column, which I do not use, and I cannot see the notes column, which I use all the time. Is there any way to change the tags column on the reports to the notes column? This would be a big help.

• nairbkralc
    nairbkralc Member
    edited February 25

Make the transaction list as similar as possible across all views.

- In the "Transactions" view you get all columns, including the handy "Notes"!
    - In the "Reports" view the transaction list is missing the notes column. Seems like it would fit and would add utility to the view. Seems arbitrary that it is missing, though it does reduce clutter. Still, I'd rather have the notes view available (maybe as an option?) because it is very useful.

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25

Good news! This request is already being reviewed by the Simplifi team and has over 80 votes. Vote for it on the first page by clicking the up black arrow on the yellow bar.

[Merged Post]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25

[edit:ooops - I'm 1 minute behind]

This has 76 votes already - your post will likely be merged with that one. Please consider searching the forum before creating new requests.

[Merged Post]

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that some of the bigger features are starting to get done (like More recurring date options and credit score), I myself would like it if they came back and addressed this issue. It's been requested for about four years now, and new users are coming in and requesting it, so clearly, it's a pain point. This "should" be relatively easy for the developers (when compared to the major features they've been working on). I realize "customizable columns in reports" isn't something you can put in marketting as a major feature to attract users. Still, there is enough 'expectation that it should be there' that it may be hurting your longer-term subscriptions anyway.

Rob Wilkens

• James-0401
    James-0401 Member
    edited March 3

It would be helpful to have a gear icon to add or change columns in Reports section like you do in the Transaction section.

I am not a big tag user so I see the tag column in the reports section and that is not much help to me. I would prefer to see notes. Thanks.

[Merged Post]

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3

I suspect what you're asking for is already requested here. Please add your vote!

[Merged Post]

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Please add notes to reports and splits. I just switched to Simplifi, and this is an issue for me. Transaction reports need to show the notes and there needs to be a note that you can write for each split of a transaction, so when I pull my report I can see what I purchased. In particular need this for Amazon…as that's a rats nest of transactions with splits to categories all over.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please add in the Flags and Notes field when viewing Reports.

• RoyMath
    RoyMath Member

When running a report it would be helpful to be able to see the associated transaction notes. This would be particularly helpful with split transactions.

• RoyMath
    RoyMath Member

Customization of columns displayed in reports would be great - good idea

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭✭

In Reports, when I drill into a category to get the details, the Notes field does not display. It should display because I (and others, I am sure) use this to explain the transactions.

You include Tags, but not Notes, in the display. And there does not appear to be any way to add the field to the display.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @DavidB,

Thank you for coming to the Community to provide your feedback! There is already an existing request for the feature you're asking for, so I merged your request with the existing request. To track the status of your request, I recommend bookmarking this discussion, since any updates, once available, will be posted to this discussion.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭✭

@Coach Kristina Thank you

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭

Not sure if this was publicized anywhere, but this feature is now available to me - under "manage columns" I can choose "Notes" and it shows up in the Reports page. I have the "Early Access" turned on in settings so that may make a difference. Relief to see the notes in reports!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I see this feature in the transaction list but not in the reports area. No manage columns option there.

Minter 2014-2023

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭

For me, if I mouse over the header of one of the columns, then 3 dots appear to the right of the header as shown below. Clicking the 3 dots gives a "manage columns" option, and there's a "Notes" checkbox in that list!

After enabling notes column:

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4

Thanks so much! I followed your directions and I can see the notes field. The change, however, does not stick. Once I navigate away from the report, planned spending, other spending, or watchlist, I need to repeat the steps above to add notes. This is progress.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 4

Hey everyone, great news! Our product team has added the ability to customize the columns in Reports. You can do so by hovering over one of the column headers, clicking the three dots at the end of it, and then selecting "Manage Columns".

Please note that these settings will not stick when navigating away, however, we are planning to add the ability to save the configuration in a future release.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.