Apple Wallet Integration: Share your feedback here!

Comments

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

You can only have one Apple Card account per Apple ID and Social Security Number. Sounds like updating both accounts from the same iPhone is a question for Apple. Not sure what feature you are requesting Simplifi to add concerning updating from same iPhone. I share my card with my wife and she is a co-owner. I see no advantage of two cards over sharing the Card and Cash accounts in apple wallet. The 4.4% savings account is not shared for co-owners and each account is limited to $250,000.00.  A solution might be to share the Apple Cash (debit card) and Apple Card as co-owners and use either iPhone or both for savings. Apple does not allow Simplifi to integrate a savings account currently. I am guessing integration with apple wallet required a total rewrite and the coding in place to change/rename will require a major rewrite also.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Apple Wallet is out of Early Access and live for everyone! Mobile Release 5.11.0 should have fixed all of the issues discussed in this thread.

Let us know if there are any lingering issues, please!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie, On the closed Apple Wallet Integration, you said

"Once you've linked to Apple Wallet from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, you will see the account, balances, and transactions added just like any regular account, and this data will also be synced to the Quicken Simplifi Web App. However, you will need to run the Mobile App to receive updates from Apple Wallet. With the Apple Wallet integration, you will be able to link your Apple Card, Apple Savings, and Apple Cash accounts."

I am guessing you run the Simplifi mobile app to receive updates or do you have to run Apple wallet. I'm not seeing the Apple savings account in Simplifi on the mobile or web. Is there something I can do to see the savings account I have set up?

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, I don't think you have to run Apple Wallet; you just have to run an account update on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App in order to retrieve the data from Apple Wallet.

As for the missing savings account, I'm not sure. Is this something you've seen since the beginning of linking to Apple Wallet in Quicken Simplifi, or is it new? Is the savings account accessible via Apple Wallet on the same phone you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App from? And does the account have recent activity? Is it enabled for third-party access or anything along those lines (if this is a thing with Apple accounts)?

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19

I assumed savings account was not being sent by Apple. I have never seen my Apple Savings account in Simplifi. I have deleted and added Apple cards 3 or 4 times. The first time it gave me an option to link Apple Card and or Apple Cash. I selected both options, Later after a delete and add, Simplifi just created Apple Card and Apple Cash account. I assume if apple was linking Savings I should have a savings account, which I have never seen. When you share the card you make someone a co-owner they can see and can do everything except Savings. I have savings set up and maked a deposit last week. Does anyone have an Apple Savings account? If we can view savings would not it be like cash and have it own account?

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, do you see all 3 accounts (Card, Cash, and Savings) on the Apple Wallet App on your phone?

-Coach Natalie

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

Well … I have Apple Savings account and it shows as a Savings account in Quicken Simplifi. It was added the first, one and only time I connected to Apple Wallet.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21

@Coach Natalie Yes I have all 3 account showing in apple wallet. @nakada Thanks for the conformation. I will try deleting my card and adding it back. I don't think I had created the saving account the first time I added Apple Card. I have been deleting on the web app. This time I will try from the iPhone.

Update: Now I have double entries for the first couple if transaction after deleting my apple card and adding back. Apple Card and Apple Cash showed up but no Savings. The balance on apple card is correct.

Update 8/21, Now the balance is off in Simplifi. Looks like deleting the duplicate transactions might fix the balance but I will wait in case support wants to see the duplicates. I think it was the pending transactions that got duplicated. Daily Cash is going to the cash account. When I added savings to wallet it defaulted daily cash to savings which I changed to Apple Cash because I thought savings was not being sent by Apple.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, can you send me screenshots of the accounts in your Apple Wallet app and the linked Apple Wallet accounts in Quicken Simplifi so we can compare, please? I'd also suggest deleting the duplicate transactions to see if that clears up the balance issue so we can focus on just the missing Savings account. Also, please take any action regarding this from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App from here forward to ensure that Apple Wallet is properly syncing with Quicken Simplifi.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21

I started deleting the duplicate apple card transactions, after about 8 deletions they started appearing together and I realized they were all duplicated. There was 3.64 in savings when I started sending Apple Cash to the apple debit card (cash). I transferred $1,000 to savings. I am waiting for an interest update at the end of the month. I think I will delete the apple card and wait a couple of days before I add the account back unless you have a better ideal. Let me know if you need different screen shots. The first screen shot below is just verifing duplicates transactions back to June 2023. I deleted the apple card on the iphone and added it back immedetly. I am thinking the cloud database may have not had time to process the deletion. The balance for Apple card is correct now. It seems to get off with pending activity and Then correct.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, hmm, I wonder if something is stuck between the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App and the Apple Wallet app. I wonder if deleting your Apple Wallet accounts from Quicken Simplifi, and then maybe signing out and back into the Apple Wallet app, or even uninstalling/reinstalling it and then signing back in, before reconnecting in Quicken Simplifi, would allow a fresh sync of the data.

If you're willing to give this a try, let me know how things turn out! I don't think allowing some time in between the delete/re-add process would hurt to try either.

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21

I will wait until tomorrow to add the account back and delete wallet. I will let you know tomorrow.

Update: iOS 16.1 Mid 2022 was to first iOS that allowed you to remove Wallet. Anti-trust concerns was the reason they made it available for removal. It would probably install like any other app from the app store but I'm not finding any instructions on the web. I'm more suspect of the Simplifi app so I will uninstall it and add back like your instructions for Wallet

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie Good news. I deleted Apple Card yesterday using web app. This morning I deleted Simplifi mobile, installed from the app store, signed in, and added Apple Card. This time I was offered the savings account in addition to card and cash. It is working perfect now and duplicate transactions are gone. I'm not sure which version of the Simplifi mobile app i was using when I added savings account to apple card but I think adding savings in early access caused the problem.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, so glad to hear that worked! 🥳

-Coach Natalie

• Thank you for making this happen. One issue I'm having is Simplifi is combining my Apple Card balance with my Apple Installments balance. It's hard to get a clear window into what I owe and when without having these balances distinguished.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie I see that we can now make the Apple accounts manual or even change the name. Great job!

We can change the grouping on Web but not yet on Mobile app. It is probably coming in the next update.

Thanks.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23

If I open quicken mobile app my apple card purchases are appearing in 30 minutes or less time and appear on the web app. I have not check to see how much quicker than 30 minutes they show up. My Wells Fargo Visa card send me a notice within a couple of minutes or less but usually don't show up in Simplifi until the next day or sometimes 2 days. I don't think the delay is connected to a refresh but it may be. Simplifi web app refreshes when you sign, you see the circular arrow going round, and you also have a manual refresh. Simplifi reaches out to banks every 4-6 hours. Is refresh the same as reaching out to the banks?

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25

@Coach Natalie I have not studied the issue enough but I think because Apple has a total different model for integration, Simplifi is considering Apple cash you receive in either the Cash (debit card) or savings Savings account as a transfer because it is coming from Apple Wallet. The payee is Deposit but the Category is coded as a transfer. The fix may be as simple as a Category rule change but you have to be careful not to change any real transfers for banks. Is this a bug that will be fixed?

• Dented
    Dented Member

Import was very smooth, but I'm facing the same duplication of transactions issue.

Added Apple Wallet accounts, Card and Cash, today via the Simplifi Mobile App. Reviewing transactions on the web app I noticed that just about every transaction in both accounts are duplicated. There are a few random ones that are not duplicated, but the majority are.

I checked the support documentation and verified the duplicate entries have the same "Appears on your statement as" and show as Cleared. I came across a support item that recommended disconnecting the accounts and deleting/reinstalling the iOS App, which I have done. Unfortunately, I'm left with the same result.

I know that the Apple Wallet integration is a recent feature so not sure if it's a Simplifi issue or my issue, but I'm at a loss as to the cause.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I had that issue and deleted apple card using web app and waited about 24 hours before deleting Simplifi mobile on iPhone. In addition to fixing my duplicated I could add the Apple Savings account for the first time.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, I'd say that if the transactions in question are a transfer of funds from one account to another, Quicken Simplifi would consider them as such. It's nice that you were able to create a Category Rule to make this work for your situation. As for refreshing with banks every 4-6 hours, I don't think this limit applies to Apple Wallet accounts. Refreshing does include connecting to your banks, but regular bank connections only provide transactional data every 4-6 hours. I hope this helps answer your questions.

@Dented, can you please try what @N4KHQ suggested to see if it works for you as well? Let us know how it goes!

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26

@Dented The rule works fine for Apple daily cash. I created a category apple daily cash. If it is real transfer some money from your bank, you will need to manually change it back to a Transfer. If you forget to change it won't mess-up up the balances on any account. I went to settings/ categories and added Apple Dailey Cash as Income, it defaults to Expenses. It looks like Apple is only sending Deposit for Payee for Apple Dailey Cash or any money transferred.

@Coach Natalie Yes you answered the questions. Apple wallet is almost instant because Simplifi goes to the Apple for updates when you open the Simplifi mobile app. The following may be card dependent. My Wells Fargo Visa Seems to take about 24 hours from the purchase time to make the update available to Simplifi. I assume if you start Simplifi in the morning and you see the round arrow spinning for a couple of minutes it is checking the banks. The Wells Fargo VISA charged made the day before never show until the next day.

• via Mobile App on iOS (if you are opted in to "Early Access") Apple Cash and Card are now working.

Here is what I did to make it start flowing:
    -On the web: - opt in to "Early Access" in Settings>General> Turn on

• Create a manual account in Banking with the category Digital Cash (named mine Apple Cash)
    • Create a manual account in Credit card (I named mine Apple Card)
    • Go to Simplifi mobile app on iOS and hit the Accounts under settings
    • at the top (if you're opted in to Early Access) the Apple integration is there
    • When you choose what accounts to integrate via Wallet you have to tell them where to "Link" (the reason for making the manual accounts above

BOOM! Today's 2fur… now I can track all those Apple Cash payments to my kids and my new Apple Card (which I wasn't using due to no integration) now work… Good job Quicken…

Although I wonder why your product team doesn't message this to all of us Mac/iOS/Early Access peoples… I used ChatGPT to tell me what to do!!!

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1

If Apple Card is not updating transactions on your web app almost instantly, remember to open the mobile app on your iPhone. @Coach Natalie mentioned this in a previous post but most users probably don't read all the Apple Card posts, and maybe a search for Apple Card not syncing will find this post. I think Apple Card is integrated with Apple Wallet on the iPhone which is totally different from other cards. It has the advantage of almost instant updates, but to see them on the web app, you have to open Simplifi on your iPhone to get the transactions on the web app cloud. Correct me if I am confused.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie As I figured, the update to the iOS app brought the changes I anticipated. Overall, I am very satisfied with this feature. It's very well done and works right, and I like that everything is grouped now under Checking and Cash instead of separating into Digital Cash. Heck, almost everything is Digital Cash these days.

Kudos.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• rhayes
    rhayes Member

I appreciate the recent Apple Card intergration. However, all Apple Card transactions since the opening of my Apple Card account are showing as double in Simplifi.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @rhayes,

I merged your post with the existing feedback on apple card/wallet integration. The issue you mention with duplicate transactions has been mentioned earlier in this thread. If you haven't done so already, please try doing what this user reports corrected the issue for them:

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• @Coach Natalie when I sync my Apple wallet.c only Daily Cash shows. My Apple Card doesn’t show, nor does the savings account. Any advice? I opened my Apple Card a week ago. I tried deleting the account and adding it again. Still - only Daily Cash.

• Coach Natalie

@rjweisberg, thanks for letting us know!

Did you try the steps posted above, by chance?

Let us know how that works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• @Coach Natalie that did the trick! Thank you so much and I appreciate the quick response 👍🏼