It's nearly Halloween! Tell us your costume ideas and Halloween plans!

Coach Jon
Coach Jon Moderator admin
edited October 1 in The Water Cooler

It's October, and that means Halloween is in the air. Whether you are dressing up yourself, or your kids, or you just noticed a really cool costume someone else was wearing, we would love to know what your Halloween costumes and plans are for this year!

I do not really dress up for Halloween trick-or-treating myself, but I for sure attend Halloween costume parties and the annual Renaissance Faire! For this year, I'll be going as an all-powerful Warlock!

Share your cool costume ideas and Halloween plans!

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

I typically stay home watching cheesy Halloween movies and handing out candy to the two groups of trick-or-treaters that drop by. For my costume, I wear the Property of Montana State Prison shirt that Dad bought as a souvenir decades ago.

Have a fun and safe Halloween!

-Coach Kristina

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

I shall get some candy for the neighborhood children. I guess I'll splurge for the Snickers and Reese's this year. They were underwhelmed last year by the classic candies. LOL. I leave the costumes to them. I may have Siri play "Monster Mash" since I was 10yo when it came out, and so it reminds me of the time I used to go Trick or Treat.

We typically have beautiful weather in October, the best month of the year in Alabama. Otherwise, it is hot, cold, rainy, hurricany or tornadoey. I enjoy it while I can. (There is a chance of another tropical disturbance here next week; we were mostly spared Helene).

I would like some candy corn (pure sugar but again it reminds me of my childhood), but my Keto diet says no.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t dress up for the holidays anymore. I do remember when i was a kid mom sewed an E.T. Costume from a kit or something, which was popular at the time. That costume may not have looked great but was special as mom made it by hand. Last weekend i went with my nieces to Spirit Halloween, but i really did not recognize the characters from the kids shows they watch. They’ve got great animated decorations in that store, though.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

My Halloween plans are like Rob's. I hand out candy to the neighborhood children and sometimes put on a maid costume or a medieval maiden outfit.

My children are teenagers so they do their own thing, which includes dressing up and hanging out with friends.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

This year for Halloween I am dressing up as a grouchy old man! I'll grumble at how the kids these days just don't trick-or-treat the way we did it in the olden days and complain about how the candy isn't as good as it used to be… stuff like that to make my custom seem all the more real! 🤣

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

I'm going out downtown this year for Halloween! I already booked a nice hotel room, and I'm taking the next day off work. I'm excited to see how everyone dresses up! I'm also excited about the continental breakfast at the hotel the next morning! 🍽️

I haven't decided what I'm going to be yet — still looking at costume ideas. I'm leaning toward a cat onesie since it will be warm and comfy, and then some face paint so I can add whiskers and a nose. 🐈‍⬛ But they also have some pretty cool skeleton onesies that zip all the way over your face and have holes for the eyes! 💀

But that's not all! I get to go all out for Halloween this year because I won the grand prize from one of our local radio stations (Wild 101) where I get to go to Requiem Haunted House and be given a walkthrough by Santiago Cirilo, who is an actor in The Walking Dead. 🧟 Apparently, he's been in Idaho for the last couple of years as a scare actor at Requiem! I get to take 5 friends plus myself to this exciting event next Saturday!! 🥳🥳