Ability to dismiss the exclamation point in the Accounts List when an account has an error (edited)

SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 22 in Feature Requests

Yes, I know I am OCD, but I just hate being reminded; once I know and dismiss it, it should go away at least for a day.

American Express gave me the FDP-105 today in both Quicken and Simplifi. I am sure it will work tomorrow, but it annoys me to be reminded every time I go to the app that it's not working.

Thanks.

Steve
Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@SRC54, thanks for posting!

Since the ability to dismiss the exclamation point is not currently available in Quicken Simplifi, I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post so other users can vote on it and our product team can review it.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Dave L
    Dave L Member ✭✭✭

Simplifi displays a error for Empower and tells me my account needs attention.

However, when I go to fix my account, Simplifi displays:

Empower does not allow transaction download between 5:00 AM PDT to 11:59 PM PDT

The Coaches tell me to ignore the error blaring on my Home Screen. But it’s the first thing I see when I open the app, making Simplifi look broken.

As a user, I would like to not see the error. If Simplifi is aware of limited availability windows it should only attempt to refresh the connection and sync data based on the known window. On the accounts page, a message should be displayed telling me that the data may not match exactly because of the limited availability window.

This should apply to Empower and any other financial institution that has availability windows.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11

I don't use Empower or even know what they offer, but I agreed and voted for this because this kind of thing causes more unnecessary support messages in the forum than needed. I subscribe to all the messages in these forums, and when there are a lot of messages like this being reported, after a while I kind of tune out the forum. For the sake of addressing a common kind of complaint, I am for this.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I agree with this request and upvoted it. Less clutter is good.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dave L Thanks for the post. Fidelity was bad to give me the dreaded ! but After Fidelity went to their new connection, I haven't gotten it again. And if I read you correctly, Empower only allows downloads from 12am -5am Pacific? How nice of them!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Empower offers and manages employer offered retirement accounts. I'm not sure if they offer private investment accounts to individuals although they bought out the company I've been with for over a decade for my personal financial management a couple of years ago. They're one of the big guys that is eating up the "smaller" guys.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

They seem to have made an update that I am seeing now. Instead of the blaring error, I get a cloud with a line through it (universal symbol for disconnected). On the web I no longer get the notification that one of my accounts needs attention, but it is still there on mobile. When I go there it tells me the reason for why. So, we're moving in the right direction. But as you describe, we still shouldnt be being told that one of our accounts needs attention when there is nothing we can do and more importantly Simplifi knows there is nothing we can do. This is not something I would want to implement a "dismissal" button that I have to press every time I log in.