Undo Newly Created Categories in Transaction View

Options
dl30
dl30 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
I discovered what I thought may be a bug, but it may be more of an expected feature that is not implemented. I have created several new categories and subcategories, in a transaction, with a typo. Immediately I click "undo" at the bottom left corner of the page expecting the undo to undo the new category I have just created. However the newly created category is not removed when I view Categories & Tags in settings.

I realized that the undo is for "Transaction(s) updated" and not to undo the newly created category. I would like to suggest that when categories are created this way that the undo for "Transaction(s) updated" also remove the newly created category, or create another undo message that would remove the newly created category.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I will do my best to clarify.
0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

You can now 'Undo' newly created categories from the Transaction View!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @dl30,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!  ;)

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @dl30,

Upon looking at this a little more closely, it appears that the ability to undo a newly created Category from the Transaction View does exist, and it seems to be working, as far as I can tell. I noticed that as soon as the transaction is saved, the prompt at the bottom turns into a prompt to undo the newly created transaction, not category, which may be what you're experiencing:

Are you seeing the same behavior that I am? If so, would you consider this to be implemented? If not, I think that we need to take a closer look at treating this as a User-specific bug, as opposed to a Feature Request.

Please let me know, thank you! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.