Ability to sort register by Tags (edited)

Options
bowgy4
bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

While some columns can be sorted by clicking on the column headings, tags cannot, presumably because tags are multi-select. Especially for tags, but it would be helpful for all columns, I would like to have a column filter. For tags specifically, the filter button would bring up a multi-select checklist of tags with the ability to start typing a tag name and it would narrow the list (for people with many tags) just like Exxel filter/sort.

10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

@bowgy4 I'm surprised this function isn't available. It makes sense to me to have Tags be a sortable field. Maybe even a multi-field search (as in "Search by [Field One] and then Search by [Field Two]"

One way you can currently "filter" your sorts in Simplifi (including Tags) is by using the "Search" feature on the upper right on the Transactions page. It can display only items that match the keyword or text string you enter. Those items can then be sorted, edited, downloaded, and even deleted.

• mikeL
    Options

I'd really like to see the Tags in the Split transactions! What is the point in adding Tags to a split, if they cannot be display and at least exported for analysis. Too, the Category Type should be available. It can be very confusing trying to figure out which GL accounts (categories) are Revenue, Expense, Assets or Liabilities. Since the information is already attached to each category when it's created, let's be able to see it!

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mikeL Also a great suggestion! I can see the individual Tags when I look at the details for the split transaction, but it would be great if they also showed up in the main view.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

I like this idea and upvoted it. Any takers?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present